Cannabalized a fellow 03, and stop the videos (little long)

tv's 03

Established Member
I was driving to a friends house to watch the FB games yesterday. I stopped at the gas station to get a few gallons. i saw a redfire coupe go by, very clean, nice sounding cat back. It also appeared to have a heat exchanger. I don't know if it had anything else. Anyone here?

Then I leave the gas station and notice him in line to go straight as I was turning right on the highway. He sees me and follows pursuit. My car was not warmed up yet, so I kept it crusing, while the redfire, was blasting past me and letting me catch up. finally the needle gets to the normal section of the heat guage and I am ready. We slow to about 50 mph where I go to second gear. After spinning for a bit, I hook. He hooks immediately and gets half car or so, but I started pulling and passed him. We did it a couple of time with me pulling each time and he then got off the highway. I have raced two other 03 cobras and one beat me and then this one. I thought I would lose, because my car has relatively few mods and the stock cat back exhaust. So this was cool.

Then on my way home after the games, I see a EVO crusing around with pillar gauges and a fart can exhaust. I punch with him and immediately pulled away so I slowed to try again and I notice the little dork is video taping me. This is when I hit the brakes and turned around. What kind of idiot does illegal street racing and captures it on video for evidence????

tv's 03

Established Member
Yea, its great! When the young kid wrecks and dies, the guy racing him will be caught and arrested. Not me, I will not race someone that wants to tape me street racing. If you want videos, go to the track and record.....its legal. Why in the world would you want to create evidence against yourself? Its like handing the teller at a bank you're robbing your name and address....not smart!

dragaddict

Stock, a four letter word
Established Member
Or like handing a cop your drivers liscense after being pulled over...

Its a risk just like racing which you just did you hypocrite.

If the driver of the car was video taping then you can talk.

What type of idiot street races illegally and posts it on a forum or complains about somebody video taping a race that same illegal streetrace.

Take whatever perspective you want, but if you get caught then you can't plead not guilty anyway cuz the cops probably have you on dash mounted camera. Or at intersections there are cameras, Big brother is watching, why can't we...

:burnout:

Ben

thasalvoo

dragaddict said:

What type of idiot street races illegally and posts it on a forum or complains about somebody video taping a race that same illegal streetrace.

Take whatever perspective you want, but if you get caught then you can't plead not guilty anyway cuz the cops probably have you on dash mounted camera. Or at intersections there are cameras, Big brother is watching, why can't we...

Ben
Very true... i couldnt have said it better myself

tv's 03

Established Member
dragaddict said:

Ben

Are you calling me an idiot? A hypocrite? Why? Do I video street races? No I don't. Are you really that stupid that you cannot see the difference? Where is licence plate number in this post? I bet it was on the video. Where is my name and address on this post? The police can find it if they have the license plate. If you're pulled over, then your already caught, but we were not caught, I would not want that to come back around later after we already got away with it. Its not a risk just like racing, because once the race is over, so is the risk. The driver was video taping....

Lets say you do drugs, which seems likely by the intelligence demonstrated in your post, would you want someone making videos of you actually taking the drugs to post online?

I would not have a problem with it, but I do not want my personal information out there which I am concerned about if my license number is posted all over the web.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
if you street race, then your doing illegal activities. whats the big deal if you video tape it? its entertainment.. not for evidence unless he's a cop in a evo trying to bust you.

the only thing bad that can happen is if the video shows your license plate... and near 99% of videos dont have the license plate visable or can make it out. with out that evidence, they cant go by looks of your vehicle alone if someone tries to prosecute you over it.

tv's 03

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
if you street race, then your doing illegal activities. whats the big deal if you video tape it? its entertainment.. not for evidence unless he's a cop in a evo trying to bust you.

the only thing bad that can happen is if the video shows your license plate... and near 99% of videos dont have the license plate visable or can make it out. with out that evidence, they cant go by looks of your vehicle alone if someone tries to prosecute you over it.

:nonono:

You did not read a thing I posted, sure he did not intend it to be eveidence, but it could quickly become evidence if it got into the wrong hands. More than likely this kid will get pulled over and that tape may get confiscated for evidence. If this kid went out and wrecked his car and was killed street racing, and the video tape survived, they could use that tape to mount a murder case against you

dragaddict

Stock, a four letter word
Established Member
I bet that any cop could find out all that info about you off this forum if it mattered enough...

Cops have bigger fish to fry than to hunt you down for street racing based solely off you liscense plate...

That is why www.streetfire.net and www.racingflix.com and many many others exist with no such happenings...

Now, If you did something severe like rape, murder, terrorism... then they might use that info , NOT FOR A TRAFFIC VIOLATION, as serios as it may be...

Now go watch some videos or post around and find out how many people have ever been busted based on yours or similar cicumstances

Sorry to flame but as for the name calling you put it out there and I just call them how I see them.

Ben

crazycarlo

Established Member
All I know is that I in no way condone street racing or any other dangerous activity. However I do participate from time to time. And if someone wanted to video tape it then it would prob be ok as I plan to make videos in the future. Just remember, no one makes you do anything and everyone on this forum makes their own decisions and must face the consequences. With that being said Im gonna go watch some cobra videos!!!!!

tv's 03

Established Member
hey, if you guys are ok w/ it, then fine. I do not want to be video taped w/out my permission.

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
I can just see the short video now on street fire. The Lancer kid is gonna post a ricer video of him saying he OWNED a 03 Cobra.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Keep this in mind... It's not everyday that most people go out and record races (at least we hope). Though, those times they do go out and record, I can assure you that their adrenaline will be pumping and as result their rational will be compromised. Therefore, the camera can in fact make street racing more dangerous. People would do things they wouldn't ordinarily do because they know once done, it will be on tape and viewable forever. Doing something once and taping it is a lot easier than showing 3 different people the same over and over. A perfect example of such is the idiot at a local Cali cruise in a white Saleen who decided to do donuts about 3 feet from other SVTP members cars, just because he was being recorded.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
You did not read a thing I posted, sure he did not intend it to be eveidence, but it could quickly become evidence if it got into the wrong hands. More than likely this kid will get pulled over and that tape may get confiscated for evidence. If this kid went out and wrecked his car and was killed street racing, and the video tape survived, they could use that tape to mount a murder case against you

:nonono:

actually i read over it like 3 times to understand what your saying... and what i'm saying is that they cant identify you in 99% of the vids cuz the license plate itself isnt visable enough. but i do understand your concern. your just more paranoid than most ppl i know

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
thasalvoo said:
Do you watch racing videos? well thats where they come from

:lol:

Nooooo???

That's not what my Moma said!, my moma, my, my, but my ,my moma said, my moma said that you get raceing vidios because they have all those teath and no toothbrush, aaarrruuugggaaahhh!

Users who are viewing this thread