Canceling extended warranty?

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
About a year ago I purchased a 13 mustang gt for my wife. I also purchased fords extended 100k/5 year warranty. Well, I had the best of intentions not to mod the car, so I figured the warranty would be a good deal since it was my wife's DD. After owning the car for 3 months, I did the basic bolt ons and TVS, while keeping it her daily. About 2 months ago I returned the car to stock, the car has never been to the dealership other than for my buddy that's a ford tech to read a computer code. Now, I'm sure the power train warranty is voided so I really don't have a use for it. We decided to keep the car and turn it back into her DD. I was always taking it, and having fun with it. Now that I got another toy for myself, I can keep my fingers off the 13.

Question, how do i go about canceling the remaining extended warranty? I read that ford will prorate the warranty and send you a check in the mail on the forums last week. Is this true?
Thanks for the help.

KurtDog

Established Member
Question, how do i go about canceling the remaining extended warranty? I read that ford will prorate the warranty and send you a check in the mail on the forums last week. Is this true?
Thanks for the help.

There should be a number on the contract you signed. They will cancel the warranty and prorate it.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
I purchased the extended warranty through ford. I looked over my contract and the only number it lists is the ford dealership which I got it from. The top left hand corner of the contract says " national vechile service contract ". The only number it lists is the dealership I got the car from. Maybe tomorrow I will call the dealership and see what they say?

Users who are viewing this thread