Can you trim a fiberglass seat

KILRSVT

Established Member
Haven't been in here in a while . I recently purchase a race tech seat 4000 wx fia approved till 2015 real nice seat I got it used for $500 I know they retail for 900+ . I want to use it on my car so I went to test fit it and it's too wide at the bottom part where the lower bottom seat bolsters are . If I had no door panel and no center console it would fit fine lol . Can the seat bottom be trim or am I better off selling it . Thanks in advance

darreng505

Established Member
Don't modify the seat. It will reduce its integrity. Either fabricate a custom mounting bracket or get a seat that fits. Is my $0.02.

EDIT: Remove the door panel. Don't need it. ;) Also, when mounting a race seat, proper installation and safety are most important. Comfort is a close second. Everything needs to be fitted to your body correctly (positions, offsets, distances, etc). It HAS to be centered on the steering wheel no matter what. Arms should be slightly bent at the elbow. Knees slightly bent as well. No reaching.

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
Ok so I talk to my seat guy and he told me it can be trim. They would have to do some fiberglass work and at that point I knew it was a little too much might as well go another direction . I will sell the race tech seat and wanna go to an OMP RT2 I believe.. It is a halo seat. Can I drive to and from the track with it ? Is it street legal ? Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread