Can you tell if it's been modded?

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Looking at an 04 L, appears to just have an aftermarket intake. Can you tell from the pic of the motor if anything else has been done? Motor looks clean and not like they just prettied it up for the photo. Thanks for any info.

20150327_093912%201_zpso4o1lssj.gif

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
Looks pretty stock to me, Cant see the lower pulley obviously. But what i can see from the picture of aftermarket is .
Has a stock MAF so cant be to heavily modded.
Throttle body
Oil separator
upper plenum

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Thanks. Dealer said there's no tuner with it but I didn't think that was possible to have a TB and intake on these motors without a tune...

Just has me a little worried cause the dang thing looks super clean and about as stock as I want it but not having some to check it out for me suuuucks.

JimIII@jdm

I spy with my little eye....

A C&L Upper intake plenum
BBK Throttle body
Airaid Cold air box
Oil Separator kit

If someone went as far to change the upper intake and throttle body they would usually add a larger balancer pulley too. Can you take a picture of the lower pulley? The one on the blower looks to be stock. Other than that looks very clean! It's tastefully modified but not totally stock. I would look inside the Kick Panel up at the PCM to see if it has a chip. Otherwise it may have been flashed.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
I spy with my little eye....

A C&L Upper intake plenum
BBK Throttle body
Airaid Cold air box
Oil Separator kit

If someone went as far to change the upper intake and throttle body they would usually add a larger balancer pulley too. Can you take a picture of the lower pulley? The one on the blower looks to be stock. Other than that looks very clean! It's tastefully modified but not totally stock. I would look inside the Kick Panel up at the PCM to see if it has a chip. Otherwise it may have been flashed.

Thanks for the info Jim, I have a JDM tune on my 08 F150 Roushcharged out here in CO so I would get another JDM tune if I bought it and figured out what I had on there for sure. I'm currently in Saudi Arabia so I can't take a pic but I'll see if I can ask the person.

Could someone explain the purpose of the plenum? Just increased air flow? Thanks

JimIII@jdm

Thanks for the info Jim, I have a JDM tune on my 08 F150 Roushcharged out here in CO so I would get another JDM tune if I bought it and figured out what I had on there for sure. I'm currently in Saudi Arabia so I can't take a pic but I'll see if I can ask the person.

Could someone explain the purpose of the plenum? Just increased air flow? Thanks

Sounds great we can build a tune for this truck as well! The Plenum just increases airflow, we dyno tested this product when it came out and saw 15 RWHP and about 30 RWHP when combine with a throttle body!

Quewyn

Established Member
I also see an extra fuse near the positive terminal for the battery, perhaps it has an aftermarket electrical fan. It looks to be the right size of fuse for a fan, I have a a similar set up for mine. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread