Can you tell an injector by it's color?

hollant

Stuck In First Gear
Established Member
I have a project Cobra that has had some work done to it. I have pulled the top of the motor off because I blew a head gasket. I was wondering if the color of the injector would give any clues as to what type it is? Mine are blue! Can you tell what they are by looking at them?

112945.jpg

hollant

Stuck In First Gear
Established Member
My other cobra has white injectors. I am fairly sure that car has not been tampered with? Ideas?

badvenm

Established Member
As far as fox body mustang, orange is 19, light blue is 24, red is 30, green is 36, dark blue is 42. But the newer mustangs have pink injectors so I'm not sure. If they are Ford injectors they should have a ford stamp on them.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
badvenm said:
As far as fox body mustang, orange is 19, light blue is 24, red is 30, green is 36, dark blue is 42. But the newer mustangs have pink injectors so I'm not sure. If they are Ford injectors they should have a ford stamp on them.

Ya sure about that? I KNOW 42s are green.

badazznotch

Established Member
Ford made a 24lb injector in white. It was in trucks with the 460 engine. I've ran a few sets in mustangs with no problems whatsoever.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
badazznotch said:
Ford made a 24lb injector in white. It was in trucks with the 460 engine. I've ran a few sets in mustangs with no problems whatsoever.

Ya beat me to it, Danny. The colors varied somewhat according to what body style they came in. So if you are ebaying for used injectors, you better make sure the seller KNOWS they are a particular size and isn't going by the color of the injector...

badvenm

Established Member
Yes you guys are right, haven't even thought about injectors colors in years and I guess I got two mixed up. My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread