Can you stop the seat belt reminder?

BoneCrusher

Established Member
I agree with wearing it but that method to turn it off is hilarious. I remember when I did that I felt like I was having an exorcism for my car, lol.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You could wear your belt.

However, I think it starts crabbing at you if you start the car just to do a warmup.

At any rate, it is in the manual, or you can run it by the dealer and they can turn it off with the diagnostic box.

GotGrunt

Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
I agree with wearing it but that method to turn it off is hilarious. I remember when I did that I felt like I was having an exorcism for my car, lol.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

green99_svt

Established Member
i used to turn those off on customers vehicles when i worked at ford dealer. i would go on a test drive with a customer and they would say that they hate that noise. i would tell them i could turn it off always got big tips for that...

immortalstang

Established Member
It's not that people don't wear seatbelts while driving; more the fact that they sit in the car sometimes with the engine running and don't need to be reminded. If I'm sitting in the parking lot waiting for someone, I prefer to have the seatbelts off without being bothered by the seatbelt signal.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
immortalstang said:
It's not that people don't wear seatbelts while driving; more the fact that they sit in the car sometimes with the engine running and don't need to be reminded. If I'm sitting in the parking lot waiting for someone, I prefer to have the seatbelts off without being bothered by the seatbelt signal.

You can just plug it in for a second and unplug it. It only dings on the first cycle.

GotGrunt

Established Member
The method in the owners manual is so easy. Takes like 2 minutes! Everyone that hasn't done it should go do it now, lol.

Last edited:

360R

Established Member
Well it does get anying when waiting for something or just in the car warming i up, How do you do it?

GotGrunt

Established Member
360R said:
Well it does get anying when waiting for something or just in the car warming i up, How do you do it?
It's a step by step procedure you have to follow. It's in the owners manual. I forget exactly what it is but it's funny as hell. Something like: Put the key in and turn to accessory only, then wait until the seatbelt chime comes on, then something with clipping/unclipping the seatbelt 3 times then turning on/off the headlights 3 times, etc etc etc...

hahaha, I'm not kidding! :lol:

Last edited:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
GotGrunt said:
It's a step by step procedure you have to follow. It's in the owners manual. I forget exactly what it is but it's funny as hell. Something like: Put the key in and turn to accessory only, then wait until the seatbelt chime comes on, then something with clipping/unclipping the seatbelt 3 times then turning on/off the headlights 3 times, etc etc etc...

hahaha, I'm not kidding! :lol:
ahahahah

Users who are viewing this thread