Can you sell your extended warranty back to Ford?

BLUBYU2

Established Member
When I had purchased my 03 new I bought the extended warranty from Ford instead of possibly buying it later due to the problems I had with my GM extended warranty. Now that the bug has bit harder than ever I am considering the 2.8 and other mods and was wondering if Ford would sell the warranty back and refund my money. The car is still under factory warranty so I dont see how they would be out money.

Thanks in advance

Mike :beer:

Established Member
You can get your extended warrenty purchased back. When I sold my truck I had extended warrenty cancelled and they refunded my money back. (Mod money)!!!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
we've had people post that they did, indeed, cancel their extended warranty and they got their money back (minus a processing fee)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am sure that there would have to be some sort of penalty. But I can't see them doing this. :shrug:

bunk22

Established Member
Yes you can, though it's pro-rated. I bought one and then got my money back about 3 months later after knowing there was no way they would honor the warranty with the pulley/chip swap. Just know though after only three months, the $1800 or so I orginally purchased, I only got about $1600 back.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
They will prorate the amount ofmaney you will receive back based on either the mileage or the elapsed time since purchase. They will also take away a processing fee probably.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
in many cases, you won't get the money back as a refund

they will simply take it off the end of your loan, so you still end up paying interest on it :bash:

BLUBYU2

Established Member
bunk22 said:
Yes you can, though it's pro-rated. I bought one and then got my money back about 3 months later after knowing there was no way they would honor the warranty with the pulley/chip swap. Just know though after only three months, the $1800 or so I orginally purchased, I only got about $1600 back.

Why would that be if you havent even completed you factory warranty? Its not like they did any work on you car after the warranty expired? :shrug:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
it's been my understanding that it would not be pro-rated as long as you are still on factory warranty, but the cancellation fee will be charged in all cases

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
You sure can. I sold my extended warranty back. I thought I wasn't going to mod the car. Oh how wrong I was. You pretty much just lose money for what you've already paid for. You'll still get a lot back.

Call the dealer where you originally purchased the extended warranty from and tell them you would like to cancel your extended warranty. They may ask you why - just make something up. I told them I planned on doing things to the car that would void the warranty. So they faxxed me over the form to fill out - I faxxed in back. Weeks later, I got a check in the mail from ford for around a thousand bucks.

pvteye

Established Member
like has been stated... the selling dealer will refund the cost of the extended warranty on a prorated basis. Even if you are still under the Factory Warranty.. the prorating of the Extended warranty starts when you drive off the lot....

I traded my 02 with ESP for the Cobra... but with a different dealer.. had to go back to the selling dealer to get the refund... took less than a week to get the check.. just had to prove the car was sold, and the mileage at the time of the sale...

bunk22

Established Member
BLUBYU2 said:
Why would that be if you havent even completed you factory warranty? Its not like they did any work on you car after the warranty expired? :shrug:

That's what I told Ford as well. They could care less so I took the $1600 and ran.

Users who are viewing this thread