can you put a root supercharger (eaton) on a 99 cobra stock motar

shurur

Established Member
You don't need 7gs to make power with the ls1.

You can do cam only,boltons and tune and make more power then an Eaton swapped 99/01 all day. I had a 00 99 97 95 and 94 trans am an even my LT1 cars were over 400whp with heads,cam,bolts ons tune and way less money, but those cars are shitty with shitty interior shitty rear ends and shitty everything else besides the motor, tranny and electrical connectors..

:lol1:That's why I dream of swapping an LS1 into a RX7, RX8, 944, Miata, 318..etc..etc....
It is THE pushrod to have.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
I'd just get a procharger and be done with it..you would still need to forge the motor or stay under 8#..that seems to be the consensus.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
I'm not going to argue with you, you don't even know what you're talking about and it would be like arguing with a 12 year old.

"2K1 SVT" what did you run in the 1/4 ? You probably don't even know..My cam only ls1 with bolt ons was trapping 130mph in the 1/4 at 2500ft..my heads cam lt1's were about the same..Oh and both were street friendly with the AC on coming to a stop.

Edited by moderator, the next time you start name calling it won't end well.
If you cannot discuss a topic like an adult then you may have the wrong forum.

Where's your proof? 130 trap out of a cam only ls1 is B.S. unless its a crazy DA or your hiding mods. Cam only is typically 400-430whp so to trap 130 either your spinning the whole track inflating your trap or your hiding mods, not even weight reduction will get you there.

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
[youtube_browser]aXsprCNICqA[/youtube_browser]
This was before my final tune which makes 20+whp more, you can see how badly I pulled on that Cam only camaro. I've also ran dead even with a 2,600lb cam only LS1 fox body. BTW I put down 464whp before my final tune so I'm probably in the 480+whp range, show me a streetable cam only Ls1 making that kind of power. My motor is 100% stock bottom end with the stock manifolds

Last edited:

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Manley h beam rods 03-04 cobra take offs $350-500

Any good forged piston set around $600

Vortech t trim, Novi2k, pro charger D1 or F1 used on the forums $2500-3000

Do the labor yourself and have a $3500-4000 kenne bell, whipple cobra, and c6 zo6 killer!!!!

I went that route and have yet to have any terminator or vette beat me and I'm only running 15psi

Don't even waste the time on a HEATON.

http://youtu.be/h61hLaBeQYM

^^^^^^

Winning

Users who are viewing this thread