Can you over-port a blower outlet?

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
Hey folks,

Can you over-port the outlet of an eaton? I was wondering if this will cause an issue. I notice posi and stieg don't have any pics up with it this extensive.

Let me know your thoughts!

85f01563.png

cbr repsol

Established Member
ive seen a port like that before ....there is a down and upside to overporting a eaton .

1: you will gain a lot more h.p. than a stock blower

2:You wont make as much power as a posi race port

i remember reading a while back posi tested this same situation. i think he was down if i remember correctly like 15 hp to the wheels at w.o.t.
Yes it is a power loss but like i said earlier im sure your still better off than stock and im sure that blower is not getting as hot as a stocker.

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
Thanks for the input everyone.

THis is one of true forged's ports. I've been browsing around and found some others just like it, so hopefully it's not a "paperweight". I'm working with the guy who sold it to me to get it looked over, since it should have been good to go out of the box. I believe he will be talking to TF tomorrow and possibly Posi to help get to the bottom of this.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
the bottom of the eaton case is there for the rotors to build pressure up against.

easiest thing to think about.....think of a water hose turned on low....water just trickling out. but cover it with your thumb and pressure builds up and the water can shoot a good distance. taking too much out doesnt give the rotors anything to build pressure up against.

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
the bottom of the eaton case is there for the rotors to build pressure up against.

easiest thing to think about.....think of a water hose turned on low....water just trickling out. but cover it with your thumb and pressure builds up and the water can shoot a good distance. taking too much out doesnt give the rotors anything to build pressure up against.

Hm, that's what I was worried about. Thanks for the analogy

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
that looks like a TF port.

true forged as in the wheel company?

Correct and correct again. Thats why I'm not sweating it. They have someone there who does them. Not sure of the WHOLE story behind who there does them but I know the business of porting these does go through their shop. I cant imagine they would let bum ports be associated to their name but we will see. Since its having a problem otherwise, the seller (who got it from TF) is working to resolve.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
we've done numerous port jobs on 03 cobras for people on here and locally as well. ive had two of our own ported blowers on my own cobra myself. we've seen nothing but positive gains in both hp and torque. i took the car to greg at RET who said "that's not going to work" and then afterwards he was in shock at how much power it gained. he later asked me to have his L blower ported which we did. he's dynoed and wrenched on a few of the local cars we've done this for. ive YET to hear any issues with any single one of them, or any of the ones we've done for members on here. Ive already contact Posi myself to see what he thinks as i trust his opinion and he is very familiar with our porting. as people have posted up in your other thread about the noise youre hearing that goes away. i myself never heard this on my cobra or with my f150 which has an L motor and we also had the blower ported. i took the truck to RET as well and Greg said the truck is making great numbers with the port. no issues at all since and that was about 2 years ago.

i do recall one blower where the customer said the rotor was hitting the case and making a noise. he sent the case back and my guy removed a little material from the area where it was making contact and the noise went away. it is possible that is what is happening here and if so, we'd be more than happy to do the same for you.

Users who are viewing this thread