Can you make the IRS Handle the Power without failure??

Can you make the IRS Handle the Power without failure??

• Yes

Votes: 119 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 13.8%

• Total voters

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Yes, you can. Search for Postban, click the appropriate pill.

DSS Level 5 halfshafts, IRS cover brace, Bushings and some tougher rear Toe Rods, like PHP's or Kenny Brown's...should be able to handle well over 600 with no problems.

Screamn03

Snake In The Weeds
Established Member
There are guys that've gone 9s on them, there are guys that have broken them bone-stock. Two keys, 1)get the Billetflow/MJChip designed IRS brace 2)eliminate wheel hop, if you get it then get out of the gas

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
postban said:
you seek the red pill my friend, behold.........
:lol:

I folow the advice on the pill and can say is right on and I dont have the 600 power level but the verts hop more
basicallyfor me aluminum diff busching, IRS buschings . QA-1 Shocks :bash: should of went with the strange less $$$ and better tires than F-1 and is good to go :-D

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
bonestock IRS here with 33k miles on it, only with a Billetflow IRS brace, 150+ passes on stock halfshafts with ET Streets or DR's, all in the low 11 second and mid 10 second range.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
broke7 said:
bonestock IRS here with 33k miles on it, only with a Billetflow IRS brace, 150+ passes on stock halfshafts with ET Streets or DR's, all in the low 11 second and mid 10 second range.

You, my friend, are an alien operating slighty outside the normal time-space continuoum. And a poet laureat with a stick shift. Us mortals seek translation of your abilities to further our goals.

I know of one other in the tires-and-brace only brigade. And it ain't your sister Luke.

dougwg

Established Member
broke7's sig said:
"paying someone to do all of the work on your car and feeling proud when it runs a fast time is like paying someone to f#@K your wife and feeling proud when she has his baby"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ZINC AND BLOWN

Established Member
broke7 said:

thats just awesome.....stock motor too?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Can you make the IRS Handle the Power without failure??......No, you cannot make them bulletproof. But, you can certainly upgrade them to the point that they can get a lot of RWHP to the ground on a fairly consistent basis with a lower risk of breakage. Heck, there was even a DSS Level 5 half shaft break the other day, and another less publicized, but fairly common weakness is the differential clutches.

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
100 plus passes here with level 5 axles and brace, 600 ft lbs torque! Did burst the seals on the inner cv on the dyno but driveshaft shop replaced them. Think I am going to go for another full season and see what hyappens.

Users who are viewing this thread