can you help my neighbor??

roadwarrior60

Established Member
ok so my neighbor asked me to post up a question for you guys about his acura. so here is the run down, its an early 90's acura integra and he has been trying to get this damn thing running for a couple weeks now. he came out one day to go to work, and it just plain wouldn't start. he came out a couple hours laterm and it started right up. then once he made it to work, and it died pulling into the parking lot and wouldn't start again. so he finished his shift and came out and it started right up again. made it to our street and it died again and wouldn't start once AGAIN. one of his honda buddies told him it was the fuel pump, so he replaced that. then he was told that it was the distributor, so he replaced that. well in replacing the distributor, he found that he was not getting any spark. so now he is trying to find out why there is no spark. i haven't been there for the whole thing, so i have no idea what he has checked. but can anyone give us a place to start?? i'm just plain cinfused, and am getting sick of hearing about how his car wont run:kaboom:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Tell him to switch from white rice to brown rice ... brown rice better at passing an electrical charge. His wiring is just all mucked up from the white rice additives. :)

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
On the early 90's Honda's there is a relay up underneath the steering column and it's referred to as "the Main Relay". Over time they solders in it break. He can either take it out and re-solder it, or he can buy a new one for around $80.

Here's a tutorial I found when it happened on my Accord.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=53888

Users who are viewing this thread