Can we fit a 17x9 and a 275/40 tire up front?

ogc

Established Member
So im trying to set the car up to do more open track and such. As we all know these things need as much front end grip as they can get. I want to put my 17x9's up front and run a 275 and then by 17x10.5 and run a 305 in the rear.

Will a 275 fit?

Last edited:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
thats what ive done, then got the steering rack limiters... no rub anymore.. when my tire/wheel would hit the sway bar, it would push the inner weight around, throw the wheels outta balance...

ogc

Established Member
Nice, thanks

just noticed my rims are 17x9.5 though....

And I dunno if a 17x11 will fit on the rear with the IRS,

shiat, might be time to go rim shopping, buy some 18's so I can fit some bigger brakes later

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
You will rub the sway bar on lock to lock turns in most cases but yes, it has been done many times.

Yea mine does this, but only at FULL lock, where you can hearing the power sterring kinda go weak.

But I'm never at full lock, so I wouldnt worry about it. I'm lowered in the front to the point where I can fit two fingers between the tire and fender, if that helps at all.

ogc

Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
Yea mine does this, but only at FULL lock, where you can hearing the power sterring kinda go weak.

But I'm never at full lock, so I wouldnt worry about it. I'm lowered in the front to the point where I can fit two fingers between the tire and fender, if that helps at all.

thats about as low as I am, Im worried about my rears now. I thought the torque thrust II's came in 17x10, but they only come in a 17x11 and with the IRS in there I think it will either rub on the inside bolt or it will hit the fender.

18's might be in the cards

Ah well, I'll be thanking myself if I decide to upgrade to bigger brakes.

Thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread