Can U Break Anything From A Roll?

SONICSNAKE03

Established Member
Ok here is the question. Can you break anything from a roll? Im sure you can but is it the type of thing like stock irs from a dig? If its deffinate, what will break? Would like to know if my rearend will hold up if i have: 4.10's, 2.76 upper, possibly 4lb lower, cold air, catback, midpipe, Pro.50 and bfg drag radials. All on stock untouched irs. Im not planning on runnin at the track(from a dig) until i atleast get some QA1'S. With all this said, will i break anything? thanks you all.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
differential will probably grenade and if you hop bad enough from a low roll you can snap a half shaft......

SONICSNAKE03

Established Member
you think the dif will grenade even from a roll? even from like a higher speed roll? im mainkly just worried about the highway drivin.

bender460

Established Member
I would think with rolling resistance and poor arrow dynamics are cars have more stress is put on parts the faster you go. :shrug: But i would say wheel hop is going to be your worst enemy even at a roll.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
depends how you shift and if you start high enough to avoid all hop. On fast shifts, I've heard of people breaking halfshafts, differentials and input shafts. Seems pretty rare, but it can happen. Those 4.10's might cause you to break something.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
About 2 weeks ago a bud of mine tore the diff cover and snapped the driveshaft after getting wheelhop on a roll. Get the diff brace.

Users who are viewing this thread