Can this be fixed?????

tealsnake93

Bond Company Stooge
Established Member
Pulled my fan and found my problem. It looks like it separated at the origonal joint (assuming it is one peice brand new, right?) Can it be saved?
Picture004.gif
Picture005.gif

tr03cobra

Established Member
I had the same exact problem. My fuse blew and the car was overheating and the fan made this grinding noise. The plastic that supports the blade was busted. Try to repair it with jb weld, didn't work out. Bought a new fan from ebay. Been over 2 years now, and havn't have any problems.

Last edited:

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
postwhore said:
It's easy spending other people's money

Your second post here and you are already flaming someone? Naturally I assume that must be your xray in your avatar. Come back and talk to me when you know what you're talking about, young grasshoppa.

postwhore

I'm a dumbass
Established Member
Jdaniel said:
Your second post here and you are already flaming someone? Naturally I assume that must be your xray in your avatar. Come back and talk to me when you know what you're talking about, young grasshoppa.

Do you think the world revolves around this forum?

You have no idea who I am :)

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
If I'm seeing the pic right, it looks like theres a piece missing now. If so you may have an imbalace prob with the fan on. If you have that piece you could try some stuff called double bubble. Very strong and very quick to setup. Used in composite and fiberglass applications. I use it at work all the time.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
You have a $36,000 dollar Terminator and want to cob a fan??? Im with Jdanial, just buy a new one... or if you are cheap as hell some sort of epoxy would do the trick. Might cause a imbalence to fan as stated tho...

postwhore

I'm a dumbass
Established Member
It originally looked to me as if the only part that is broken is the surrounding frame.

I would never condone the repair of the rotating portion of the fan

Last edited:

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
postwhore said:
Do you think the world revolves around this forum?

You have no idea who I am :)

Im sure there are other sites you flame others on... and I really dont care who you are for you may be some 12 year old behind their daddys computer. So, doesnt much matter to me who you are.

03redfirevert.

coyote eater
Established Member
I do believe this must be what is happening to my cobra right now, I just put a post about the noise a couple hours ago. Guess I will be headed down that road as well.

tealsnake93

Bond Company Stooge
Established Member
ugotbit03 said:
You have a $36,000 dollar Terminator and want to cob a fan??? Im with Jdanial, just buy a new one... or if you are cheap as hell some sort of epoxy would do the trick. Might cause a imbalence to fan as stated tho...

Yeah, I'm a tight wad. I just contacted FORDSVTPARTS and bought a new one for about $140. Thanks Guys.

Users who are viewing this thread