Can the V6's dip into the high 13's with just bolt ons?

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
Keep in mind I have no desire to buy a six banger but there is some potential
in this car for younger crowd with low dollars and high insurance rates...

CAI, exhaust, and gears with the lower curb weight should do it.
Yay or nay?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
V6s are already 13 second cars, they trap 100-101mph+ stock :burnout:

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
Impressive that they can trap at 100mph running high 13's in stock trim.
Those are pretty much stock 01' Cobra #'s

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I thought that I saw a vid of mid 13's at 104mph already. I believe that this will easily be a 13 sec car from the showroom.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Whats the copression on the six? i figured if it's low enough a Turbo V6 Stang would be tits...

stangposse

Established Member
I can only imagine what that V6 will be like when someone throws DR's and 4.10's at it. Does anyone know if this has been done? :??:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I can only imagine what that V6 will be like when someone throws DR's and 4.10's at it. Does anyone know if this has been done? :??:
evo perf just posted up a few days ago on their facebook page that they just got their V6 shop car in:banana:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
evo perf just posted up a few days ago on their facebook page that they just got their V6 shop car in:banana:

yep, and would like to see what they are going to do with that! CAI, Tune, Gears, and DR's should put it well into the 12's IMO. Funny, guys are going to get torched in there bolt on Pre-5.0 GT's. Major Kudos to Ford for producing 3 killer mustangs for 11'.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
if the sixxer responds anything like the 11 GT does to mods then a lot of fairly stock-ish 03/04 cobra guys are going to end up having to tuck tail to a V6. Not to mention if you spray the new V6 with a 100shot. Then you're talking running close with a pully/bolt-on terminator.

Sucks to see the day (but happy at the same time) to see that it will take a very well modded 03/04 Cobra to take down a bolt on GT

65mph_Roll

Established Member
if the sixxer responds anything like the 11 GT does to mods then a lot of fairly stock-ish 03/04 cobra guys are going to end up having to tuck tail to a V6. Not to mention if you spray the new V6 with a 100shot. Then you're talking running close with a pully/bolt-on terminator.

Sucks to see the day (but happy at the same time) to see that it will take a very well modded 03/04 Cobra to take down a bolt on GT

I can't wait - good clean fun - every new 5.0 on the planet will want to run!

I'll be the guinea pig since all I have is a K&N FIPK 04 Cobra (404 RWHP).

The new 5.0 motor has some great technology going for it, very cool.

(sorry, kind of wrong thread, was meaning V-6 too)

Last edited:

ESP Cobra

Established Member
wow, 104mph...

Yeah, that's what I said. I noticed that vid a few days after the 13.7 @ 102. Had to play it back a few times, couldn't believe what I was seeing...104!!

After I saw the evoperformance GT run in the 11's, my cynical side thought, what's next, a V6 in the 12's? A 104 stock trap? Oh yeah,...It'll get there...:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread