Can the sniper MAF be tuned with SCT software?

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
I have a 95mm Sniper MAF and I am thinking about going to SCT software when it goes back together, will it work? I already polished the MAF housng and like that it's 95mm but I'm not sure if I can swap an SCT BA Series sensor into my existing housing (dont know if the bolts are in the same location) What do you guys think?

ecoastkid

Established Member
Absolutely you can what? tune it? or are the sensors interchangable? I'd like to put the BA 3000 in the 95mm Sniper housing and use the other housing for something else.

Once you swap sensors, now your scaling maybe off, but nothing you cant correct. I'd actually call sniper to find out what adjustments you need to make in the tune for the maf. I'm certain its exactly the same as if you added an extender. You will just have to manually scale everything. I was actually anwsering your title question originally though.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
You can tune any maf with any housing or tube combo with SCT you'd need the value file for the maf in order for it to be as accurate as possible however.

ecoastkid

Established Member
You can tune any maf with any housing or tube combo with SCT you'd need the value file for the maf in order for it to be as accurate as possible however.

The value files have all the things you need to change done for you so yeah, its easier....But if your careful and make the right changes, I see no reason you wont be just as accurate making the changes yourself.

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
Thanks Derek. I read it a while back. I will be putting a sensor that came in a 90mm housing into a 95mm housing so it's not much different. I will also be having it tuned by Rick and he tunes Sniper and SCT so I'm sure that he can get the proper value and get my tune dialed. Thanks again to all of you

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Thanks Derek. I read it a while back. I will be putting a sensor that came in a 90mm housing into a 95mm housing so it's not much different. I will also be having it tuned by Rick and he tunes Sniper and SCT so I'm sure that he can get the proper value and get my tune dialed. Thanks again to all of you

yea rick could handle it :beer:

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Good so far, truck is sitting on a lift waiting for the new block. 2-4 more weeks till she's delivered and then I'm back in action.

Users who are viewing this thread