Can the Reichard Racing Pulley get powder coated?

F8LSNK04

Established Member
I want a non slip pulley like the Reichard Racing 2.80, but was wondering if I can get it powder coated black.... Also is this pulley any better than a 2.80 from JDM? Any opinions on both questions... Thanks.

dougwg

Established Member
1st question;... yes, you could buy it and have it powdercoated but I would just have it anodized Black

2nd question;... the phrase "Old and bust".....and..... "New Hotness", comes to mind;-)

Last edited:

MikeW

Established Member
Originally posted by F8LSNK04
I want a non slip pulley like the Reichard Racing 2.80, but was wondering if I can get it powder coated black.... Also is this pulley any better than a 2.80 from JDM? Any opinions on both questions... Thanks.

I would like to have a black RR non slip press on as well. Is the SFPHQ Black Press on Non-Slip about he same as a RR pulley? Will the pulley cover fit back on with a 2.80 pulley with or without an idler?

jimh

Established Member
1.) No. You can do what ever you want, but powder coating will leave too smooth a surface. Get a hard anodized pulley. You can them in black. It's a flat finish but...

2.) No idea

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
2). Yes the cover will fit back on with or without the idler and smaller blower pulley.
With the idler installed, a few minor mods are needed, but it is doable.
attachment.php3

In the picture of my car above, that has the 3rd idler installed and has the cover on also.

Dana

Last edited:

NightEnforcer

Established Member
You could have the powder coater mask off the ribbed center area so that it doesn't get too slick. I had mine anodized. It looks great.

F8LSNK04

Established Member
NightEnforcer, do you have PICS of you RR pulley in anodized black??? If so post them please...

Dana, if I have the 2 Metco 100mm pulleys, 100mm Metco Auxilary pulley with a RR2.80 can I fit the pulley cover back on with modifications?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Originally posted by F8LSNK04
Dana, if I have the 2 Metco 100mm pulleys, 100mm Metco Auxilary pulley with a RR2.80 can I fit the pulley cover back on with modifications?

I have a 92mm and a 100mm on top. Those are the 2 under the pulley cover. I don't know how you got 2 100mm pulleys on top without the belt rubbibg on itself. A good trick!!!

There is not a lot of room between the 3rd idler and the pulley cover, so a 100mm idler there may not fit.
If you move them around a little though, you can make it fit.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread