Can the k member be installed incorrectly after a clutch change?

Bllit11

Established Member
The reason i'm asking is my front tires are wearing on the inside had the front end checked and they said it was in spec but when i look at it the right front seems set back further than the left and i don't think they checked it to the rear end it drives fine thanks for the info. Ford dealership where i bought the car new did all the work

Last edited:

Bllit11

Established Member
Well i guess nobody has any idea i was hoping that someone who has changed their clutch could give me some advise when they tightened up the k member if there was alignment pins or anyway to put it back to factory specs it's never been wrecked.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
When installing the K-member the mechanic should have squared it back up. He could have drilled some locating holes on each tail of the K-member and then simply lined them back up when reinstalling.

Whenever someone says that the work they did was "in spec" ask them what the spec was and where your car was when measured.

If you are seeing abnormal tire wear take the car to a well respected alignment shop and pay them to go through caster/camber/toe/thrust angle.

TemplateType

Established Member
I recently found that my front tires were heavily worn as well. The tires looked new towards the outside of the car but were down to the cords on the other side. Never had any clutch or front end work done, I just assumed the cars had some camber angle from the factory.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread