Can someone help me with cobra values?

hydroinnovation

Established Member
I hope this is the right place to post this.....

I've got a 97 cobra with 5k original miles on it, its in perfect condition with no mods. Even has the original tires on it. Currently it sets in my garage and never gets driven. Anyway I found a 93 cobra locally that I feel like is a steal, 50k orignal miles, garage kept and in excellent condition asking $11k. My wife says if I want it I must sell my 97 or my 04...well that is any easy choice.

What is the 97 worth with 5k miles?
What is the 93 worth with 50k miles?
In 20 years, with only adding a few thousand miles, which car do you guys think will be more valuable?

thanks in advance

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
Stock vs Stock your 97 will crush it performance wise....however, the 93 will always be worth more in the long run, and more sought after.

hydroinnovation

Established Member
i think the 93 would be worth more in 20 year, is it stock?

Yes they are both completely stock. I was thinking that the 93 would be worth more too except of the rare low milage of the 97 made me question that. 50k miles isn't bad for the 93 but it nowhere close to the 5k of the 97.

BTW if it matters the 93 is teal and grey, I think that I mentioned above the 97 black on black.

hydroinnovation

Established Member
Stock vs Stock your 97 will crush it performance wise....however, the 93 will always be worth more in the long run, and more sought after.

Yes for sure, that's ok with me though. My 04 crushes my 97 now, that's why the 97 doesn't get driven much...just not as fun.

Thanks for your opinion, you guys are kinda validating what I was thinking anyways. There are so many of the 94-98 models vs the only cobra in the foxbody, seems like a good move. I really wish that I could keep both, wife just isn't having it.

Value on the 97? Any ideas? I was hoping to get $15k, maybe ask $16,500? It's practically brand new, still has a little bit of the new car smell in it.

svtcobralover

Established Member
Id say try and get 15k and try and stay somewhere around there. Id almost say get rid of the 04 and keep the 97 and get the 93.

mystical

Established Member
Id almost say get rid of the 04 and keep the 97 and get the 93.

This. Nothing against Terminators or '93's as I'd love to own 'em all but there is no way I'd be selling a '97 with 5K miles for a '93 with 50K. I realize that the '93's are sought after and hold their value better but like mentioned it doesn't hold a candle to your '97.

Also, what is the mileage of your '04? Terminators are a dime a dozen you'd be able to score another one in no time at all if need be. How many '96-98's you think are left with 5K miles?

hydroinnovation

Established Member
This. Nothing against Terminators or '93's as I'd love to own 'em all but there is no way I'd be selling a '97 with 5K miles for a '93 with 50K. I realize that the '93's are sought after and hold their value better but like mentioned it doesn't hold a candle to your '97.

Also, what is the mileage of your '04? Terminators are a dime a dozen you'd be able to score another one in no time at all if need be. How many '96-98's you think are left with 5K miles?

I wouldn't be trading cars exactly. If I were to get $15k for my 97 I would be buying the 93 for $10,500, but I owe $5k on the 97 still so I won't walk away with anything. However I do get rid of a $600 a month payment.

The terminator has 19k miles, vert triple black. I love that car and probably will never sell it. Bone stock, adult owned, and its in nearly perfect condition. I got it for $21k which I feel like was a good deal with the miles and it being convertible.

$10,500 is a good deal for the 93 right? From what I can tell the value should be around $15k-16k which is odd to me that both cars seem to be priced the same with the 93 having 90% more miles. I paid $15k for the car a year ago and have since put 1k miles on it.

My long term plan is to have a cobra from each generation starting in 93. I had never planned on ever selling the 97 and instead wanted to add a 93 to the collection down the road. The deal on this car had me reconsidering especially since its local to me.

hydroinnovation

Established Member
Well nevermind on that car, I talked with the owner more today and just found out the car has been repainted. It's also had the left fender replaced, not interested at all now.

Thanks everyone for your opinions, its got me thinking wether or not to keep looking or just hang on to this car. Most likely I'll just hang on to this car since that is easy to do. Down the road I can try and get a deal on a lower mileage car with factory paint. One kept in a garage all its life shouldn't need paint.

gtmustang00

Established Member
Well, i have a 98 with 10k miles and i have mine posted for $14.5 and i have bites. I'd ask 15 or 16g if you were to sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread