Can someone help me with a install question?

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
Im just got a 2.81 pulley, serpentine belt, shifter knob, SS inserts for my car for my bday yesterday... My question is how do i install a pulley and the belt? like i know theres a tool to remove the pulley, is this easy and can anyone lead me in the right direction so i may do it myself? I appreciate any help.
thanks

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The belt is easy after about 20 times. The only hard parts are slipping it behind the tensioner (you'll have the press it down with a ratchet) and getting the final loose part over the pulley. I had an easier time slipping the last piece over one of the idlers.

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
I do not have a tensioner, will that be a problem? I might take it to Lomatto racing in casselberry to do a dyno and tune as well. I havent looked at my DIablo tuner lately and dont know if it will be suffice with the new pulley upgrade.. What do ya think?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
BlkSVTCobra said:
I do not have a tensioner, will that be a problem? I might take it to Lomatto racing in casselberry to do a dyno and tune as well. I havent looked at my DIablo tuner lately and dont know if it will be suffice with the new pulley upgrade.. What do ya think?
As you look in the engine bay to the 7 O'clock position you better have a srping loaded tensioner, all 03-04s have them. You will need a 1/2 drive to help you pull it down to slip the belt off. Just start on one pulley and replcae it with the new one 10 minute job if you have problems.

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
ok so lookin at the blowers pulley there is a pulley to the bottom right a bit under neath it, looks where the tensioner would go? im sure its there so your saying to use a 1/2 drive to pull down the pulley a bit to slip the belt off. and then same method to put the new upper pulley and belt on? thanks for your help by the way.

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
I hope you have a new tune to go w/that pulley as you did not mention it above.

Users who are viewing this thread