Can Someone Explain to me what I need with the Kurgan Triple Pump Hat

What Return Fuel System Should I Run with E85?

• Kurgan Triple Pump Hat

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Lethal Double Pump Hat

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
So I want to run a return fuel system and run on E85. So I found the Kurgan Motorsports Triple Pump Hat. This is the Hat I would like to run, but being a LSX Guy a lot of this stuff is still new to me and before I order parts would like to be corrected on what I am doing.
That being said, Can someone explain to me what I am going to need from tank all the way back to the tank. TANK> pumps> Hat> filter> supply?

Is there any blocks involved or I called Kurgan and then called Lethal and talked to them about both of there items and got even more confused.

Can someone just lay it out for me... Thanks :)

Last edited:

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
I ordered Lethals complete dual pump kit and it came with EVERYTHING i needed.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What HP are you looking to support on E85? Let me know and I'll make it very easy for you to understand.

Jared

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
I ordered Lethals complete dual pump kit and it came with EVERYTHING i needed.

How Many lbs are you running?

What HP are you looking to support on E85? Let me know and I'll make it very easy for you to understand.

Jared

I am looking to support 850-1000hp and am worried on the double pump system of heating my fuel with those Walbro 400's

Last edited:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
I say Lethal because its a one and done deal, i would just take all the guesswork out of it and buy their 1200hp kit and call it a day. They did all the homework for you.

Zacharyx

Established Member
How Many lbs are you running?

I am looking to support 850-1000hp and am worried on the double pump system of heating my fuel with those Walbro 400's

a pair of 400s should produce less heat than 3 of the 340/255s ( from the pump not circilation through the rails), if it is that big of a concern run the second pump on a hobbs or toggle switch.

I have a .pdf of the flow graph for the 400s if you would like, there is also word that Walbro will be putting out a 465lph later this year

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
Yeah i would love to see that .pdf file. If its alright with you could you PM it to me? And a 465lph pump is just nuts to think about!

I think after talking with my buddy I have what I am doing figured out.

Tank, Pumps (what ever pumps I choose), Hat (Whatever Hat I choose), -10an steel braider, 10 micro filter, 10an steel braided, y block -10an in & 6an out? 1 in 3 out ( 1 for LFT Fuel rail, 1 for Rht fuel rail, 1 for Nitrouis wet Kit), then return of the rails in to fuel pressure regulator, then fuel pressure regulator back to the tank.

Seems correct to you guys?

Last edited:

Zacharyx

Established Member
don't see an attachment option, but here is a screen shot showing the graph, this came from Justin @ Fore Innovations, the guy who pioneered these fuel systems

TCI-405flow.jpg

Zacharyx

Established Member
I can email the .pdf if anyone would like it since the screen shot seems to blur

GodStang

Established Member
850-1000hp rear wheel or engine? That is a huge range. Twin screw correct? You also need to find out what your tuner can tune. I found out the hard way that not all tuners can tune a simple triple pump fuel system.

Last edited:

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
850-1000hp rear wheel or engine? That is a huge range. Twin screw correct? You also need to find out what your tuner can tune. I found out the hard way that not all tuners can tune a simple triple pump fuel system.

I am going to try to put 800 whp plus down and spray on top of that. If it Blows, I will build it stronger and come back loaded for bear!

But, I have talked with the tuner in our area. Which is Rob Williams and he has tuned 70 percent of the Terminators in Colorado and he is good at what he does. You can ask any of the Colorado Terminator guys, he has a few E85 ones in the 1000hp plus range. :D

with that much power i really really really need to run a return style system with 3 pumps.

I think I am going to build the fuel system myself, I am starting to get an idea how I want to run it. I like the triple pump hat because there is so much room to grow. Where it feels like I am limiting myself with the Double Pump Hat. But IDK I am going to consult with Rob Before I order it all. Rob is my Tuner.

Last edited:

Zacharyx

Established Member
I am going to try to put 800 whp plus down and spray on top of that. If it Blows, I will build it stronger and come back loaded for bear!

But, I have talked with the tuner in our area. Which is Rob Williams and he has tuned 70 percent of the Terminators in Colorado and he is good at what he does. You can ask any of the Colorado Terminator guys, he has a few E85 ones in the 1000hp plus range. :D

I think I am going to build the fuel system myself, I am starting to get an idea how I want to run it. I like the triple pump hat because there is so much room to grow. Where it feels like I am limiting myself with the Double Pump Hat. But IDK I am going to consult with Rob Before I order it all. Rob is my Tuner.

I think fore will have a hat set up for triple 405s coming or may already have it out, that would be about the most you can do with intank I believe

Zacharyx

Established Member
with that much power i really really really need to run a return style system with 3 pumps.

a pair of 405s should flow a little more than 3 x 255s and should require less current draw. Have seen a car with triple 340s become very hard to tune due to taxing the charging system

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So, 2 400's would be suffecent then right?

Based off of the flow rates of each pump at 13.5v two of the 400lph pumps will flow just as much or more than three of the 255lph pumps throughout most of their pressure range.

Hope that helps.
Jared

Users who are viewing this thread