Can not clear P1000 computer ready

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
I am at my wits end. I can not get the car to pass the emissions in Texas which with this year is done by reading the computer status. I have 3 tables that are still reading not ready after doing the ford drive cycle 3 times and more than 2K miles on the car. It is not throwing any codes and the computer shows no codes present when read by the emissions station. I have the following tables not ready, O2 Sens, O2 Sens Htr, and 2nd sys. I talked to Ford about re-flashing the PCM but they told me if it is not ready with no codes that all I need to do is drive it. Well that is not working and I have a court date on Thursday for expired inspection. Ok guys.....any Ideas?

Helomech74

Established Member
Do you use anykind of tuner with the car? If so, it sounds like the rear O2 sensors are turned off.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
p1000 will only go away after so many drive cycles. and if you re-set the pcm it will come back

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
if it wont clear the p1000, you may have to take it to the dealership and get a engineer involved. we have had a ranger for 3 years, NEVER will set all the readiness codes. FoMoCo sent him out, and he dug on that thing for over a day, i dont remember what all he replaced, but it finally went away. it was something really weird. here in NC, if you spend over $400 bones i think you can get a wavier from the DMV for 1 year on a emm. inspection. but, try the drive cycles Quad put up. thats about the only other opition

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
I have performed the drive cycle 3 times now. I have reset the PCM 2 times mostly because I have had to disconnect the Batt to do some work on it. The PCM has been clearing the tables up to the three that it will not clear now. I changed the two upstream O2's last night and drove the cycles needed to check the O2's so I guess I will have it checked again and if that did not work change the rears and try again. It just makes me sick to have to replace parts that I know are not bad just to be able to say I have done something. I know if the sniff test were performed that it would pass with flying colors but the rules do not allow for them to do that.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I think the P1000 code is the basic code that comes on when other codes come on. I had two IMRC codes come on and the P1000 code came on too. I used a buddy's SCT Xcal2 and cleared them. Haven't been back on since. Do you have a programmer you use?

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
Mr. Ford said that the computer thinks I am out of gas. The drive cycle needs 1/2 to 3/4 of and tank of gas and the part of the sending unit that talks to the PCM saids I have no gas so no gas no table complete. I will fix the sending unit and post an update....Not something I would thought of in a million years....go fig...

Users who are viewing this thread