Can my civic hatchback hang with my pullied cobra?

MattHendrickson

SVTP Junkie
Established Member
I'd like to get some input from you guys.. i bought a built hatch a week ago with a GSR motor Cams Etc. it also has a t3/t4 turbo with all supporting mods. It was dyno'd on its current tune/boost at 381whp and 254 tq my question is can it hang with my cobra that makes 459rwhp and 463tq? whats the bigger factor the torque difference or the power to weight ratio? i know i could take both to the track and find out but im in washington and track weather is nowhere to be seen around here. thanks for the input.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
yes it can. power to weight ratio is the deciding factor.

Having the ability to drive it quicker than the cobra is a different story. I'm sure racing from a dead stop in a eg hatchback is a little more difficult than doing it in a rwd cobra.

Common

Established Member
Cobra will get walked. I also find it funny that you own both and cant really tell which one is faster. IF the civic is making the HP you are claiming, cobra is pretty much done from a roll.

Is it EG or EK9 civic? either will walk you but just want to know by how much

MattHendrickson

SVTP Junkie
Established Member
its not that simple common well for me it isnt, its a different feeling it feels fast but its not like the cobra where it packs up and moves the **** out..

its an EG

MattHendrickson

SVTP Junkie
Established Member
youre gonna tell me if it can hang by lookin at a pic? LOL yeah i bought it for a DD i guess i got a little carried away. the thing can barely hold an idle

hatch.jpg

Common

Established Member
its not that simple common well for me it isnt, its a different feeling it feels fast but its not like the cobra where it packs up and moves the **** out..

its an EG

Very true, it's a different type of "fast" but fast nonetheless. Trust me on this, EG's are mid to low 2000lb vehicles, you do the math what will happen on a roll when they make 70whp less but weigh about 12-1500lbs. less as well.

IF the numbers are correct, DIG is the only chance for the cobra, that or a missed gear for the civic.:lol1:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Should rewrite the title to this:
Can my pullied cobra hang with my civic hatchback.

The cobra will get walked.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
youre gonna tell me if it can hang by lookin at a pic? LOL yeah i bought it for a DD i guess i got a little carried away. the thing can barely hold an idle
*quoted pic removed by moderator*

That looks just like my old hatch. It got stolen from me a couple years ago. I still miss it to this day. It would die every now and then from the cams. It would also barely hold an idle. I use to rape and pillage with it. I loved the look on people's faces when I would hand them their asses in a race. Fun little car to say the least!

Nino S

Established Member
man that is one hell of a "DD"!! how much money do you have to put in to a Civic to get it to the same level as your? like the GSR swap, cams, turbos, etc..

Users who are viewing this thread