Can it be done?

racerage7

Established Member
I want to put a lighting complete supercharger assembly on a regular 03 5.4 F150.I found the lower intake,intercooler,supercharger,throttle body,wiring injectors and so forth.And was wondering if anyone has tried or had success making this swap? I know I will need a computer,mass air,heat exchanger,pump,water tank,lines,hoses,belt,and pulleys.What I need to know is if the harness coming off the intake will plug into the one on the non supercharger truck. Or if there is something I am over looking.Any info will be great.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
You'd have better luck buying a supercharger kit made for a non-lightning F150. I don't think that stock 5.4L internals can handle a Lightning Supercharger setup.

I'd see if whipple or procharger makes a kit and go that way. do a search on NLOC.net and you'll get more answers.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There is a local guy here that has done the swap...the motor lasted 3 months than exploded at the truck. The 5.4 was just too weak for the boost.

Jesse

racerage7

Established Member
Thanks RTSabler51 that was a bunch of help.Probably going to go for it.Doesnt look to be to hard. Just not as easy as a bolt on kit.I like to do thinks the hard way anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread