Can I use...?

EVIL .SVT

Established Member
Hey guys another noob question, bear with me plz!
Will calipers and rotors from a 2014 Gt500 fit on a 2012?

RBB

Established Member
They will, but you'll have to get some relocation brackets for the rear brakes. I believe BPS makes some that require you to pull your axles to install. NCmustangparts was selling some in the parts section a while ago that just bolt right up. I've been using a set for 2 years now with no issues.

EVIL .SVT

Established Member
They will, but you'll have to get some relocation brackets for the rear brakes. I believe BPS makes some that require you to pull your axles to install. NCmustangparts was selling some in the parts section a while ago that just bolt right up. I've been using a set for 2 years now with no issues.

So the fronts should just bolt right on? Awesome thx for the help!

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running them on my 2012. You will need new brake lines, but it's a good time to go with braided steel lines. The rears will entail 13-14 axle brackets, but besides that and rotors, that's all there is to it.

EVIL .SVT

Established Member
I'm running them on my 2012. You will need new brake lines, but it's a good time to go with braided steel lines. The rears will entail 13-14 axle brackets, but besides that and rotors, that's all there is to it.
good deal man thanks for the reply!

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Just doing the rear brakes won't do a lot for your stopping power, since most of the stopping power is provided by the front brakes. The bolt on adapters will work, but the Ford parts are only $15 more and do require removal of the axles to install.

M91196

Established Member
Just doing the rear brakes won't do a lot for your stopping power, since most of the stopping power is provided by the front brakes. The bolt on adapters will work, but the Ford parts are only $15 more and do require removal of the axles to install.

The Ford parts can be part of your rear diff service, good excuse to add the brackets at that time!

Factory rotors are cheap too.

I agree the added braking isn't noticeable but the look is a big plus.

Users who are viewing this thread