can i use this pressure plate with this clutch disc

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
After i blew my t-45 i got an MMR pro trans 750 with a 26 spline input shaft. i planned to do a lot of racing (that went out the window) so i put in a centerforce DFX clutch disc to hold any power i threw at it. I also have an 01 cobra flywheel and a 03 cobra pressure plate.

I hate the feeling of the stiff cluch and its a pain in the ass to drive in heavy traffic.

I drove my buddies car with a stock 01 pressure plate and clutch disc and it was so much nicer..could i swap my 03 pressure plate for an 01 without any problems?

Thanks for any and all help

Last edited:

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Why not go with a Centerforce pressure plate? It will grab harder because of the weights on the fingers but the pedal effort will be the same or less than your buddy's 01 pressure plate.

Helomech74

Established Member
Are you still running the 26 spline input shaft? I have a Ram Powergrip HDT 26spline clutch for sale with only 350 miles on it. Very easy pedal effort, and it will hold anything you throw at it.

4stang6

Established Member
i did the combo of the centerforce DFX disc and king cobra pressure plate... i was making 400rwhp and the king cobra pressure plate was having trouble stopping the disc.. needless to say i had to get another clutch assembly due to a burnt up slipping clutch,do it right the first time

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
how much lighter is the centerforce pp over the a stock one? i hate the feeling of the 03 and I had a King cobra in there prior and it was about the same as the 03

Users who are viewing this thread