Can i see your drilled/slotted rotors?

teongies

Established Member
I have the Brembo Sport Drilled rotors.
CobraBrakes.net

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I bought mine from www.sportbrakes.com. At the time they used Brembo Blanks and offer any of the following combinations. You might want to call them to verify what they are using now.

Cross-Drilled
Dissipates heat and water faster than the conventional rotor. For those with performance engines, performance brakes are a necessity in order to handle the extra horsepower.

Slotted
Offer an alternative to cross drilling. Slotted are more resistant to high thermal loading. They do help dissipate the hot gasses and increase bite. Slotted rotor does not scarify the structural integrity of the rotor.

Crossed Drilled and Slotted
For the very best stopping power, the combination of cross-drilled and slotted give the best cooling and water run-off available on the market. It dissipates heat and water faster than the conventional rotor.

Dimpled
Looks like drilled holes but are only as deep as the recommended minimum rotor thickness. Structural integrity of the rotor is not compromised. Works like cross-drilled.

Dimpled and Slotted
Looks like drilled holes and slotted lines but are only as deep as the recommended minimum rotor thickness. Structural integrity of the rotor is not compromised. Works the same as the combination of cross-drilled/slotted.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
More importantly, where are your brake duct vents. Drilled rotors don't do much if not properly vented.

teongies

Established Member
Drilled and Slotted rotors don't really help with cooling, they help with outgassing. Older brake pads would outgas and cause a small layer of gas to form between the rotor and the pad. New brake pads don't have that problem, so you really don't need drilled or slotted rotors anymore. I just put mine on for looks.

Users who are viewing this thread