Can I have some of your opinions about ported blowers?

SJ-KY

Established Member
Im about to pull my blower off tommarow and send it out to be ported. Have any of you seen a negetive side to these blowers being ported. It seems like its a great bang for the buck but I was unsure of reliability etc.... Any info would be great. My car already put down 453hp and 467tq. I hear the port work is good for around 40hp,Is this true?
Thanks
Stephen Jessie
[email protected]

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
Well i've seen people make power and not make that much power its really up to what you have done so far and how you car responds to it. Me instead of porting the blower i'm just saving the money for a kb or whipple still kind off undecided on which to go with.Although it is a bit tempting to go with a stegy port but i'm gonna have to try and hold out but i might not make it lol. Unless your not looking to do that then yes port it. People usauly see about 30 rwhp maybe more maybe less on some cars.As far as a drivabilty issues go so far it seems like no one is having any problems with there car.Hopefuly someone will chime in that knows a little bit more then i do about this and Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
It's not just the peak numbers either, you will see a lot of additional area under the curve improvement.
Seat of the pants is remarkable too, 30-40 does not "sound" like a lot when you are already 450ish but very much noticeable.
Billetflow TB goes with ported blower like PB goes with jelly.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I cannot speak enuff about steigmeirs work.

My car made 500whp 476tq SAE with an upper only setup with one of the very first ports to ever come out of apten which was done by steigmeir at the time. I just sent my blower back for additional updates to the their latest port and picked up close to 14whp from my old port #'s in my sig.

Bottom line, my car would of made close to 46whp more with this ported blower if I would of had the most recent port when I went from my stock unported unit. My car used to make 465 SAE before the port.

chrisle7220

Established Member
Id say for the money, you cant beat it. I still need to get in contact with James for a Custom tune, but right after i put it on, i took it for a quick spin. I can tell you it pulls hard. Just looking at that speedo climb from 40-100 is crazy. I do not have any doubts with the steggy port job, very well done by them. Plus they seem to be proven that you will gain hp. It seems back the the average was 30-40rwhp, but it seems a lot of people now are hitting a 40+ gain. So IMO, id say go for it.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
lol this sounds really tempting, one question tho, how much hp gain do you think one would see with a KB setup?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I have the steg. ported blower on my car. I went to the dyno yesterday morning. Weather was about 75 degrees down here in New Orleans. My first pull the car was crazy lean and they shut the car down at about 4300 rpms and the car was already at 516 hp and 513 tq., and steadily climbing on the chart. I have a 2.8 pulley full exhaust and a cold air. Superchips was down here to do the tuning on the car. I had the actual reps down here for my friends new dyno opening. They did a wonderful job on the car and were very helpful. After all was said and done i have SCT's Xcalibrator tuner in the car. It plugs in through the obd port and can hold 3 tunes. With the steg. port job and my mods the car made a VERY safe 496 hp and 516 tq to the wheels on the pump gas tune and with less than a quarter tank of shell v power 93 and 5 gallons of 116 mix the car made 548 hp and 557 tq to the wheels with the aggressive race gas tune. No chip installed for dealer problems and i was told with the stock tune back in it's undetectable to dealerships. I previously had a predator tune in the car and it didn't run nearly as hard or smooth as it does now. I strongly reccomend the steg. port for the money and this Xcalibrator is a pretty nifty little tuner. You can have custom tunes emailed to you or write your own on the laptop and load it into the tuner. Very well worth it. Any other questions feel free to ask.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
stangd1909 said:
With the ported blower is it better to go with a ported TB and Plenum or go with billetflow or accufab brand?

The big oval tb is a mod that "completes" the effect of the ported eaton. The difference of that newly found power flow from the port job is magnified and increased by the influence of the throtle body, the effect is violent acceleration, it is wonderful.

The only choice is Billetflow.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
postban said:
The big oval tb is a mod that "completes" the effect of the ported eaton. The difference of that newly found power flow from the port job is magnified and increased by the influence of the throtle body, the effect is violent acceleration, it is wonderful.

The only choice is Billetflow.

ModsAway

Established Member
LCCOBRA said:
I would love to buy a billetflow throttle body, but were can you buy one?

Maybe E-bay (though i would never buy used, just me)

Otherwise Billetflow.com

Give them a call, great customer service and excellent products.

Users who are viewing this thread