Can I do E85 on this returnless setup i have? Info inside

JAYSVT06

Established Member
I posted this in the terminator section but this is probably the better desired area.
How much can the stock line handle and hat?

So I ran into a few other terminator guys, and they were running E85 on whipples with a fore hat on gt pumps and upgraded line with 80lb injectors, and a boost a pump.
My question is, can I do the same but with a stock modified hat and stock line? My goal is to hit around 700 rear hp.
My current fuel setup is Dual fual pump driver modules, wire upgrade, 80lb injectors, twin gt pumps. But i didnt know if the stock line would be enough to do it? IM currently 2.3 whipple on 93 making lil over 600 at the tires with just a 3 inch upper only and all supporting mods.

I figured id goto a 2.75 upper and run e85. I was going to take it to amazon tuning to have it tuned.
So i was hoping i could just get a boost a pump and get er tuned for e85.
has anyone else done this on a similar returnless setup.
I just didnt wanna fork over the money and time diong a returnstyle setup or running fuel lines and changing the hat out.
thanks

Last edited:

flyboy1294

Established Member
One way you can get an idea how close your pumps are to maxxing is datalog the "Returnless fuel pump duty cycle" PID with your SCT handheld and laptop. E85 takes roughly 30% more fuel than gasoline at any given RPM, so your fuel pump duty cycle would need to be 70% or lower. That will not account for your pulley change or anything, but it will let you know if you have enough pump for the fuel change.

I seriously doubt your stock feed line is going to be large enough, sadly. If you get under your car and look, it is about the size of a number 2 pencil. I'd think you could do 6-700 rwhp on gasoline with it potentially, but shooting for 700 on e85 I doubt it because of the additional fuel needed. I would do a minimum of a -8AN feed line for that kind of power.

There are ways to do return systems on a budget, though. Grab a used Fore or Lethal fuel hat, reuse your 2 pumps, buy about 15ft of -8AN feed line, a regulator, and then 15ft of either -6 or -8 return line and you would be in business! The rest of the swap is just in the tune.

For what it's worth, tuning the car is much easier with a return fuel system. Blankenship is good at what he does, but I'm sure he would be appreciative of the return system haha.

Last edited:

JeremyH

Established Member
We saw a 26% drop in pump duty cycle upgrading to 8an line and deleting the pprv on a e85 setup at 600rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread