Can I claim a blown motor on insurance?

tistan

Established Member
no need to gang up on him. he's just in a shitty situation looking for an easier way out. you'd probably do the same thing.

and how did he screw the next buyer??? he screwed the dealer... who do that to customers on a daily basis they most likely deserved it.

a new customer would see the different engine unless hes a retard.

but to the OP i hope it works out keep us posted

False claims cause everyones insurance rates to go up. He is screwing everyone who has insurance with his company. Op has enough money to buy a turbo kit, but doesn't have enough to fix his broke ass shit. Op needs to quit being a pussy and he needs to to sell his turbo kit and use the money to fix his motor. That is what any self-respecting man with any kind of character would do. Looking for the easy way out is what pussies do.

Please explain to me how you would know it was a different short block or long block. If the same valve covers, intake, and accessories get bolted on then there is know way to know if the engine has been changed out.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you expect someone to cover your motor then buy a new bone stock car and get an extended warranty and keep it stock. Other than that it's your baby when it blows. Nothing in between.

eezibleed

Established Member
my 1998 cobra engine blew in 2006 (shattered piston and rod in #7 cylinder) and nationwide insurance covered it under comprehensive. the car was up on a Ford dealer's rack in Sandy Springs GA and the insurance adjuster saw a hole in the oil pan and deduced that the hole was due to a road hazard and that oil starvation caused the engine failure. nationwide paid for a used engine and for installtion and warranteed the repair. sometimes they are on your side.

THAITED

Established Member
my 1998 cobra engine blew in 2006 (shattered piston and rod in #7 cylinder) and nationwide insurance covered it under comprehensive. the car was up on a Ford dealer's rack in Sandy Springs GA and the insurance adjuster saw a hole in the oil pan and deduced that the hole was due to a road hazard and that oil starvation caused the engine failure. nationwide paid for a used engine and for installtion and warranteed the repair. sometimes they are on your side.

I do have comprehensive on my policy, wonder they will cover my engine too.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
He was not on your side. he was an idiot. has to be the dumbest most ignorant aadjuster EVER!

I do have comprehensive on my policy, wonder they will cover my engine too.
The chances of finding TWO who share that level of stupidity are near zero. I only say near zero because a perusal of smackdown will show that infact it does happen occasionally.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Depending on your policy yes.

Had a friend blow an engine at a bad time in his life. Called his insurance company and paid the deductible and it was good to go.

01cobrajm

Established Member
Im not a shit talker so good luck man, but the insurance companies have been screwing people for years I think they should, just in four years ive paid well over 10 grand for my car. OP can you post pics of you dyno sheets and what was your A/F ratio?

THAITED

Established Member
Well I have just talked to the insurance company. The gal told me it depends, for my case it said full coverage but no mechanical break down so the answer is "no".

If you are willing to pay more to have it cover then it's "yes" but it has to be done before hand (when getting a policy or before your engine breaks)

The insurance company will have the appraiser check your car out (to make sure it's in good order). Whoever here that has a free engine replacement, you are one lucky SOB.:beer: Keep in mind difference company = difference deal....:shrug:

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member
No insurance company covers engine damage unless it is a direct result of an accident and/or covered loss PERIOD.

Anyone who says they have gotten a engine covered when it blew due to wear and tear is a liar.

Users who are viewing this thread