Can I claim a blown motor on insurance?

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
My car started knocking today and after tuning it for a lil while trying to figure what and where it was coming from, I was driving down the road and it started bogging down so I clutched it and the motor came to pieces. Like oil on the ground kinda deal. I haven't got it in the light to inspect it yet and see what all is wrong but it's definently history.

Can this be claimed on insurance? I'm with progressive and of course have full coverage. What are yalls thoughts on this? Is there anything I could say to help get it covered? I'm not trying to cheat the system at all but it sure would be nice for my insurance to help.

Thanks

Jay

cbr repsol

Established Member
I think your hosed....insurance covers body damage,accident or theft. If you got in a front end collision and air bags went off, collision damaged resulted in your motor blown they would fix it. Although with the collision/damaged motor they would most likely total it.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Run the car into a tree hard enough to crack the block, they'll cover it then..... most likely by buying you a new car.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
You could try and see what happens. I almost tried this route as well when the engine in my Cobra went.

My mom got bubbles on two of her tires from hitting a huge pothole and since they were runflats, it was going to cost her almost a grand to get them replaced. Went through insurance and paid her $250 deductible and they got it all fixed.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
i've heard of some people being covered when there engine hydrolocked from sucking in water during rain storms as such.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Why do you think it blew , didnt you have a on3 turbo? what psi were you running and was it tuned?

I think it blew because i have 2 quarter size holes in the driver side of the block and the motor is full of watery oil.It sounds like people are shooting at me when i start it :dw:. But i talked to my insurance guy today and he pretty much said that i was good as far as them covering the damage.They want me to take it to the local ford place monday and have them check it out and the adjuster will come look at it monday.I just got it tuned at 6psi,i was gonna do 8 but i was scared id blow it up........Well that plan didnt work out:nonono:

Anyhow ill keep yall updated on whether they cover it or not

JAY

THAITED

Established Member
I think it blew because i have 2 quarter size holes in the driver side of the block and the motor is full of watery oil.It sounds like people are shooting at me when i start it :dw:. But i talked to my insurance guy today and he pretty much said that i was good as far as them covering the damage.They want me to take it to the local ford place monday and have them check it out and the adjuster will come look at it monday.I just got it tuned at 6psi,i was gonna do 8 but i was scared id blow it up........Well that plan didnt work out:nonono:

Anyhow ill keep yall updated on whether they cover it or not

JAY

Cool what insurance company is that? I want to claim my yellow car too.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
Did you tell your insurance you had an aftermarket turbo setup on it? I doubt they are going to cover anything after they see that.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
That adjuster is gonna fall over backwards laughing when he sees that blower kit on there.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
take the blower off, return to stock forms and then take it

buddy of mine blew his motor with a vortech on a 02 GT, got a crown vic motor,dropped it in, traded it in, bought a new 04 cobra...back in 04

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
They are not going to cover that, and then you will get stuck with the bill from the dealer for having to tear down and find out what really went wrong with your motor. Man up and pay for a new motor since you broke it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
My car started knocking today and after tuning it for a lil while trying to figure what and where it was coming from, I was driving down the road and it started bogging down so I clutched it and the motor came to pieces. Like oil on the ground kinda deal. I haven't got it in the light to inspect it yet and see what all is wrong but it's definently history.

Can this be claimed on insurance? I'm with progressive and of course have full coverage. What are yalls thoughts on this? Is there anything I could say to help get it covered? I'm not trying to cheat the system at all but it sure would be nice for my insurance to help.

Thanks

Jay

bottom line NO. and as has been said your insurance will laugh you right out of his office.

Run the car into a tree hard enough to crack the block, they'll cover it then..... most likely by buying you a new car.
yes this is a GREAT idea. Insurance fraud will also get you sent to jail if you get caught.

i've heard of some people being covered when there engine hydrolocked from sucking in water during rain storms as such.
that is different than his situation. what happened to you was caused by exterior forces. what happened to him was him driving his car.

They are not going to cover that, and then you will get stuck with the bill from the dealer for having to tear down and find out what really went wrong with your motor. Man up and pay for a new motor since you broke it.
THIS!

BlackVenom99

Established Member
take the blower off, return to stock forms and then take it

buddy of mine blew his motor with a vortech on a 02 GT, got a crown vic motor,dropped it in, traded it in, bought a new 04 cobra...back in 04

Wow, do you really think your buddy is a good person for being a scam artist. He screwed the next owner of that car. I'm the type that believes in good people, however some of the posts in this thread depict a bunch of thieves.

To Op: Seriously, I can't believe you even considered this. I'm planning to add F.I. To my car but first I need to save enough in my piggy bank to rebuild the motor if it blows. Now do whatever you need, Even if you need to sell your aftermarket parts like some do and fix your motor.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
Wow, do you really think your buddy is a good person for being a scam artist. He screwed the next owner of that car. I'm the type that believes in good people, however some of the posts in this thread depict a bunch of thieves.

To Op: Seriously, I can't believe you even considered this. I'm planning to add F.I. To my car but first I need to save enough in my piggy bank to rebuild the motor if it blows. Now do whatever you need, Even if you need to sell your aftermarket parts like some do and fix your motor.

not really...spec on the motor were the same.....it was the same motor just from a different car

saleencobra

Established Member

no need to gang up on him. he's just in a shitty situation looking for an easier way out. you'd probably do the same thing.

and how did he screw the next buyer??? he screwed the dealer... who do that to customers on a daily basis they most likely deserved it.

a new customer would see the different engine unless hes a retard.

but to the OP i hope it works out keep us posted

BlackVenom99

Established Member
SaleenCobra: Your right screw the next guy he probably deserved it, I'll say the same thing to the next guy that screws you. haha he probably deserved it.

To OP: In the market section on here and other forums people are selling their aftermarket parts to help replace their motors. (I Suggest you follow suit)This sport doesn't need someone who has to rely upon cheating the system even if they can get away with it.

If you guys feel this way about cheating companies and others just to get ahead, then I hope you don't think any of these ceo's that took your money to get ahead did any wrong. In your eyes they're just more sucessful at it.

To a mod. I understand this is a privately owned forum, and if you believe this is too brash go ahead and edit/delete.

Users who are viewing this thread