Can I Call My Car A "Cobra" Now?

fordmotorsports

Established Member
I was talking to one of my buddies tonight and I was telling him about what I have done to my car and such. He was like why don't you just call it a Cobra, my reply was :shrug: I don't think I should. I am still missing key ingredients of being a Cobra, like brakes, interior stuff, my rear bumper says Mustang like the 99's, my rear taillights are tinted, so you can't see the ambers, and I have a Roush S3 kit on it. I always just call my car a V6, with some modifications. Should I call it a Cobra if someone asks, and save myself the trouble of explaining everything? :burn:

A_Law

Established Member
Its your car, call it whatever you want. lol If someone asks....all you have to do is tell them its a v-6 mustang swapped with cobra drivetrain...

wma8706

Established Member
Its your car, call it whatever you want. lol If someone asks....all you have to do is tell them its a v-6 mustang swapped with cobra drivetrain...

+1. Just keep in mind ... you will get alot of :burn: if it wasn't original OEM. In my personal opinion.... with the exception of the Mach 1, the essence of a svt cobra is the 4v modular motor!

Last edited:

fordmotorsports

Established Member
+1. Just keep in mind ... you will get alot of :burn: if it wasn't original OEM. In my personal opinion.... the essence of a mustang cobra is the 4v modular motor with the exception to the Mach1!

The essence was the 4v Mod motor, the IRS, and the brakes the rest is just eye candy.

Niteninja

I Miss my Z...
Established Member
I wouldn't call it a Cobra. I have a saleen kit on mine. I know it's not a Saleen. I don't call it a Saleen. It's just a Cobra with a body kit. Yours is just a V6 with a motor swap.

STG

Banned
+1. Just keep in mind ... you will get alot of :burn: if it wasn't original OEM. In my personal opinion.... with the exception of the Mach 1, the essence of a svt cobra is the 4v modular motor!

I'm glad Mach 1s have "Rs" stamped right into the VINs.

fordmotorsports

Established Member
I wouldn't call it a Cobra. I have a saleen kit on mine. I know it's not a Saleen. I don't call it a Saleen. It's just a Cobra with a body kit. Yours is just a V6 with a motor swap.

I normally just say, it is a V6. Then I get the :??: look, so then I have to tell them it has a Cobra Drivetrain....and then they proceed to ask me who did the work yada yada. Been saying this for over a year now.

I'm glad Mach 1s have "Rs" stamped right into the VINs.
That is special. A Cobra sacrificed its life to live again as an organ donor. :rockon:

Go by what the vin says.

That is how I roll. I had never thought about calling it a Cobra, because they only made a certain amount of them every year, a special car. The hand of God touched everyone of them, after 99 at least :bash:, and the headed out to proud owners.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Your buddy is a complete homosexual poser.... No, do not call your car a COBRA!

Very nice car BTW :thumbsup:

fordmotorsports

Established Member
Your buddy is a complete homosexual poser.... No, do not call your car a COBRA!

Very nice car BTW :thumbsup:

Thanks, your too. mmmmmmmmmm Corvette. I pass a Black ZO6, that is for sale, everyday when I am heading to work :bowdown:

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
well, if you called it a cobra and I was around, I'd probably call you out on it.

That said, call it a ferrari if that makes you happy, but expect some skepticism.

Users who are viewing this thread