Can Hear Water Churning- what is it?

mustang462002

Slow GT
Established Member
I've got a 2000 Navigator. I know wrong forum. But its got a 5.4 a bit similar to Lightnings. Whenever I start it up I can hear water churning. If I rev it, it becomes louder and more noticeable. Has anyone experienced this? What could it be?

Thanks.

504lightning

Stangher
Established Member
my mom has a 3.5 altima and it has the same exact noise coming from the glovebox and she brought it to nissan and they said it was something with the front right axle and they said they fixed it but it started a month later and now its not under warr. anymore.:burn:

mustang462002

Slow GT
Established Member
Its got around 200,000 kilometers. So it is somewhat used.

What happens inside the heater core for it to make that noise.

Also, how difficult is the repair. How much do you usually charge for this.

Thanks

blownsvtlightning

Established Member

Thanks

repair at a shop is about 1000 bucks.. I just did one in a taurus last week.. either way dash in your navigator has to come out...

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member

Thanks

the HC is nothing more than a small radiator, chances are something gets gummed up...but i got nothing here.
As for how much of a bitch it is, last i recall the dash has to come out to get to the HC

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
The dash isn't to bad to pull back. I can do them in my driveway with hand tools in just under 4 hours. Pull the front seats, the center console and then drop down the steering column. The the dash can be dropped and pulled back on the passengers side. You do not need to remove the heater box from the firewall. The heater case can be split inside and you can remove the heater core that way.

At work with air tools I can do them in about 2.5 hours. As long as you are seeing the normal signs of coolant soaked into the carpet, fogging of the windshield or if you can smell it you are fine. It just gets slightly blocked and it makes noise.

ecoastkid

Established Member
The dash isn't to bad to pull back. I can do them in my driveway with hand tools in just under 4 hours. Pull the front seats, the center console and then drop down the steering column. The the dash can be dropped and pulled back on the passengers side. You do not need to remove the heater box from the firewall. The heater case can be split inside and you can remove the heater core that way.

At work with air tools I can do them in about 2.5 hours. As long as you are seeing the normal signs of coolant soaked into the carpet, fogging of the windshield or if you can smell it you are fine. It just gets slightly blocked and it makes noise.

If mine ever goes bad, I'm taking a weekend trip to virginia...lol...

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
^^^^

Day trip. I'm not that slow.

you may not be that slow but you for damn sure you get more during the winter and at that point the only thing good about the cold is your beer doesnt get warm... it hit 1* here friday and thats just to F'in cold to do anything

i have to change the oil in my car and its just to cold to go outside and do it.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I'd take it into work where it's nice and luke warm. Shitty heaters.

At least it's slightly warmer than working outside right now.

Users who are viewing this thread