Can dealerships tell if you have had a tune?

KonaGT

Established Member
Hey guys, new guy here. I bought a 2011 GT 6m about a month ago and I love the car. After reading here and a couple other forums these cars sure have some pretty awesome power and potential. I have been considering getting a custom tune, JLT intake, and some exhaust probably just axle back.

The one thing I don't want to run into is warranty issues in the future. If I do a tune, and then remove it can a dealership tell? I know this can give them the ability to turn down warranty work for me and I am not willing to risk that.

zilla8

Established Member
I'm sure others will chime in but here's the short answer.

If you return to stock they will only know that your pcm was reset and they might inquire about it.It's a tricky situation and some dealers are more friendly then others when it comes to mods and warranties.

there's allways the option of the Ford Pro cal tuner and tune that will not void warranty if installed by Ford dealer.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Hey guys, new guy here. I bought a 2011 GT 6m about a month ago and I love the car. After reading here and a couple other forums these cars sure have some pretty awesome power and potential. I have been considering getting a custom tune, JLT intake, and some exhaust probably just axle back.

The one thing I don't want to run into is warranty issues in the future. If I do a tune, and then remove it can a dealership tell? I know this can give them the ability to turn down warranty work for me and I am not willing to risk that.

Yes, but if the car comes in for warranty work and the problem is not a derivative of the tune, then they usually don't give you heat.

Get yourself a tune and cai and don't worry about it. The 05' cars were as responsive to tunes, and within 3 months everyone with the car had a tune.

Users who are viewing this thread