Can boost bleed off ?

ScubaTermi

Established Member
Well here is the problem, I can run through first and second then hit 3rd and car does not have the same power as 1st and 2nd( this especially happens when I power shift) when I go into 3rd. Now after the problem occurs I can watch the boost gauge and I only have maybe 1 to 2 pounds, I don't think it is belt slip. I do have boost sometimes though. I drove in 2nd and smashed the gas but still no boost, it seems to on and off, just looking for some svtp help.

ScubaTermi

Established Member
Well I had a shop install a ported blower about a year ago so I don't know if it came off then, and the car has run great until recently, it seems like the problems have come in since I had the clutch installed about 500 miles ago, it sounds weird but at first I thought was the clutch but it seems good. Thanks for the response

ScubaTermi

Established Member
Ok I looked for any leaking vacuum lines and did not find any, both my factory boost gauge and aftermarket show no boost maybe 1-2 pound if any. The autometer gauge does show a vacuum and does move under load to just over 1pound. Any ideas ?

Users who are viewing this thread