Can anyone help me price my Vert?

04CobraOwner

Established Member
I may have to sell this summer, so am wondering (approx) what I should be able to sell my ride for.

2004 Cobra Convertable - Screaming Yellow with black top
13000 miles, still under warranty and full maintenance package
Excellent condition
mods:
Borla Stinger cat-back
K&N FIPK
Billetflow 2.76 non-slip pulley w/ 100mm idler
Chip and custom tune by Jeff S in Santa Clara (tune being done next week - should be approx 450/460 rwhp/rwtq)

all original parts needed to return to stock come with... (original mufflers, air filter, pulley, etc)

also includes Xcalibrator 2

Can anyone help me guestimate?

Thanks.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Cars.com or KBB.com has a pricing index that is pretty close to the "actual" blue book.
Liscensed people have a book which is black and it comes out I think every quarter to price vehicle, etc. (that is the real book dealers and banks look at)
There are so many factors to consider.
Anyways one factor is miles, but my brother gave me the numbers for my car. 23k for trade in, and 25-26k for selling it yourself, which was pretty close to KBB.com. Your mileage bumps you up another 2k or so in price. That is also on a stock cobra. You need to decide what your mods are worth from what you paid, etc. Typical mods in great condition range 30%-50%(maybe more) depending on the part/manufacturer and what you paid for parts/labor. Some people who don't know mustangs, or the aftermarket in general will not pay for additional mods. Dealers will screw you over on a trade in and do not pay for mods. So the best bet is to hold on to it until it is sold yourself. These are rare/limited/special edition cars, and the demand fluctuates.

The location you are selling and time of year are key as well. Convertibles sell higher in the spring/summer and start to taper off towards the fall (or even sprots cars in gerneral too). Florida sees decent sales still since it is warm almost through December.

If your car is well taken care of with no accidents;excellent condition. I would say it is worth about 28k maybe a little more for your mods. (don't forget if you have new tires)
I am selling mine for 27k with about 6k in parts/labor and 45k miles. I have the Premium extended warranty for 1k extra. So that can give you an idea, and you can also check out what they are selling for with similar mods/mileage/condition in your area.
But supply and demand may be in our favor soon with the release of the new cobra and the cancellation of the SVT program. Then these cars will hold their value again like they did this past year in 05.
If people are going to buy, now is the time.

Hope this helped.

Last edited:

HIErPwRd

Established Member
Im with rmgtc.
Shouldnt have a problem getting $28k/$29k.
Considering youre not in a rush to get rid of it, and being on the west coast (inflated prices) Id put it out there for $31k and wait for someone whos set on finding exactly what youve got...

Go on kbb.com and youll be amazed at how little of a difference there is in their stated value for a terminator with <20k miles vs. one with >30k miles. :eek:
Pretty sure the reason being is that the average amount of miles put on 'average' cars is 12k a year- so unless the mileage is over 12k per year they arent going to knock the price down much if any at all...
Most of us realize that a 10k mile cobra is worth a great deal more than a 30k mile cobra, despite what kbb says.

These things considered, IMO from a buyers point of view i think $27k would be a very good deal for someone looking for a nicely maintained modded SYV.

Last edited:

skunk50

Established Member
HIErPwRd said:
and being on the west coast (inflated prices) I

when i was living in northern CA, american V8 cars didn't seem to hold value as well as in the east coast. seems to be more interests in imports out west. and convertibles were significantly cheaper too. maybe due to many more being available in such nice climate.

Users who are viewing this thread