Can anyone check out a GT350 for me in Naperville IL?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks like a nice GT-350. Low miles. I see that flights from Bradley International are around $85, one way. Or are you wanting someone with mechanical experience who knows these GT-350s to check it out mechanically?

Did you ask the dealer for a Carfax report?

Hopefully you'll find someone local to Naperville, IL to help you out.

highstick44

Established Member
I have carfax, all good news, services at ford dealership, no accidents, 1 owner etc. I am more concerned with obvious cosmetic defects / blemishes, if previous owner was smoker. Dealership has been somewhat helpful, but I would feel better getting the opinion of a neutral party.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Totally understand. Hopefully someone who's not far away can check it out. What you're asking to be checked is something someone can easily do. If I was within driving distance I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
I understand your situation, I have been there before. Here is my suggestion, if you really want to buy the car, I wouldn't rely on the word of a stranger, or fellow board member. I am very finicky with my cars, and I would suggest getting a one-way flight and checking out the car in person. If it ends up being the right car, you drive it home, if not your out one-night hotel and few bucks in airfare. Even if you don't want to drive it home and you decide to have it shipped, at least you know what you are getting.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thank you, Jake. That is awesome. Hopefully Tim will log in soon and see your post. I'll message him.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Abe. This thread has the air of a happy ending for @highstick44. Thanks for your offer to help him. He's got not ONE offer to help, but TWO. (y)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I went up there, checked it out and sent Tim some photos of my findings.
SO AWESOME, Jake!! Thanks for taking time to check out the GT-350. You're the man! (y)

Thank you to everyone. I always underestimate this community.
I'm really glad you got an assist, Tim. Yeah, SVTP as a community is awesome. I've seen untold scores of folks helping others here. I once had a member drive from northern NY (3-4 drive one-way) on a Saturday to help me remove the blower on my '03 Cobra. I had never met him nor talked to him prior. He did it simply because he knew I needed an extra set of hands and eyes. I was blown away.

Users who are viewing this thread