Can a 2010 stock x-pipe (catted) hold up to a VMP Gen 2 TVS?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If the substrate is in good shape and the tune is appropriate you should be fine.

You are certainly blazing a trail with the "revert to stock/stockish" plan of attack.:thumbsup:

DaFreak

Established Member
Ha! I really don't want to switch away from the SW o/r x but the left side hangs a little low and scrapes on taller speed bumps so looking to get away from that.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
For me I would try to stick with an o/r pipe or at least have an a/f gauge to keep an eye on things.

DaFreak

Established Member
For me I would try to stick with an o/r pipe or at least have an a/f gauge to keep an eye on things.

I feel ya NR. I like that the o/r pipe relieves a bit of back pressure too. I will try to adjust the StainlessWorks pipe to see if I can make things work. Was mostly curious if the stock pipe would hold in case things go haywire.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I feel ya NR. I like that the o/r pipe relieves a bit of back pressure too. I will try to adjust the StainlessWorks pipe to see if I can make things work. Was mostly curious if the stock pipe would hold in case things go haywire.

In the short term yes just have an a/f gauge, I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable going wot for years with cats having a blower swap. Jmo but it's not worth the chance to me, plus it sounds better without the stock pipe too.

nxhappy

Established Member
get rid of the cat. It just restricts the whole system. Why risk blowing the motor?

Plus, you will gain power with the off road pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread