Camshaft sensor failure

Ribossman

Established Member
Anyone come across this,took my car out today for a fill up then onto highway drive than engine light came on code p0345 car has 13k and no mods dealer can't take it in until Tues.should I be worryied or just silly code thanks any info appreciated

KILRSVT

Established Member
I've seen camshaft sensors fail its nothing out of the ordinary sensors fail time to time along as everything with phasers is good and the sensor wiring is ok

Ribossman

Established Member
Update.. took it to dealer come to find out car was 4 quarts low, they hook up a small e.c.u on engine because of lost oil I have to bring it back in 1000 miles funny thing car just had oil changed 1500 miles ago, a tech said could be the new cams or the synthetic oil on the block being boiled away

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Update.. took it to dealer come to find out car was 4 quarts low, they hook up a small e.c.u on engine because of lost oil I have to bring it back in 1000 miles funny thing car just had oil changed 1500 miles ago, a tech said could be the new cams or the synthetic oil on the block being boiled away

Get a new tech. Oil doesn't boil away. Who changed the oil last?

There is no way you lost 4 quarts unless you were filled 4 quarts shy. Or your car is puffing blue smoke everywhere, and/or leaving puddles of oil every night.

That's almost half your oil capacity.

Last edited:

aircare84

Established Member
Agree with above post; oil does NOT boil away. I would guess the last oil change, they did not put in the required 8.5 qts.
The engines have been known to burn some oil, but more like 1 qt, not 4 qts.

Mike444

Established Member
I had a cam sensor fail around 3,000 miles on my 13 boss. I took it in and they replaced the sensor and has never had a engine light since...now has a bit over 12,000 miles on it.

I wouldnt doubt it if they are pulling your leg about the low oil. They might of just reset the computer to see if it comes back.

I would always check the oil after someone else does your change, you never know what they did or didnt do.

Ribossman

Established Member
Tasca in Cranston did last oil change and I have to correct my second post they didn't hookup e.c.u they put dye in the oil and I been around some people with mechanical knowledge and they agree motors don't make oil disappear they must leak and no evidence in driveway or engine is burning and no smoke coming from exhaust so last explainable answer would be they didn't fill it or engine is burning it with out heavy smoke hope to find out but weather up here sucks will put results as they find out

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
My guess, they change the oil last.

I would have done the same thing, I had no idea a boss took 8.5 quarts.
Well kind of, you would have been short 2.5 quarts. More money in my pocket

Users who are viewing this thread