Cams

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
i dunno what would be a good replacement for the B cam but i just had post to say you have 2 badass stangs in your sig. that saleen is sick, and the TT cobra is sweet as well. sorry i cant give you any input lol.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
JiggaStyles09 said:
i dunno what would be a good replacement for the B cam but i just had post to say you have 2 badass stangs in your sig. that saleen is sick, and the TT cobra is sweet as well. sorry i cant give you any input lol.
+1

S351R13

Established Member
It shouldn't have a B-cam unless someone replaced it. The factory cams from Salen were somewhere in the range of an X-cam. If you want more power go with a custom grind. The motorsports cams are too small and not designed for your application.

Mongoose 03

The Godfather
Established Member
You can't just throw a bigger cam in. Your main concern would be piston to valve clearance. If its a Saleen built motor, they should have all the specs.

S351R13

Established Member
Saleen didn't build the motors. AER in Texas did. They have enough pistons to valve clearance to run over a .600 lift camshaft. The TFS stage 3 cam is close to a factory cam for the car. Also, the stock Gen 1 lightning motors will handle darn near a .600 lift camshaft without piston to valve issues if you run an Edelbrock or TFS Twisted wedge head.

S351R13

Established Member
No. The stock cam limits the motor. The TFS stage 3 is a better cam but, you would be much better off buying a custom grind.

Users who are viewing this thread