Camp Pendleton cobra swap: anyone willing to lend a hand?

usmc01gt

First off, hello everyone, i'm brand spankin' new here and love the site/members.

So, check this perdica-crap-ment i got myself into... Almost 2 yrs ago i gave my car to a shop (if you wanna know, PM me) to put my heads, his cams, and his intake manifold on. After nearly tripling my initial bill, i walked away. he held my car hostage for a year and a half only giving it back 3-4 months ago. within 2 weeks, it launched a rod through the block. every piston had clearance issues, cams were stage 3 NA cams on my s/c motor... shitty, shady, shiesty work my friends.

now my car is at my transmission guys shop being completely taken apart so my lawyer knows what to get him for, so basically everything he touched.

i just need to ship the 03 cobra longblock i have purchased sitting in TX here to Oceanside, my thing is; the on base auto shop has more than enough equipment to get the job done but I don't have the knowledge.. i'd love to save a car load (pun intended) of money installing it myself but need help. i also would love to fab a twin turbo kit up seeing that i bought 2 55mm turbos before the lawyer started digging a debt hole.

anyone willing to work for beer or name your price? :beer:

usmc01gt

Id install it as a side job if you could get it over to my shop in rancho.

hey i'm gonna be up at bass pro shops tom! i'll PM my number..

the shop was dante's modular performance.

He quoted me at $2500 for installing the heads I GAVE him, cams that he said he'd hook me up with at $400, and a $300 edelbrock victor jr intake. along with lil things like hooking up (just hooking up) my nitrous, an a/f gauge and tuning it all. gave him $1000 up front. month later gave him $2000 more when the bill hit $4800. couple more months and i laughed at him when he said the bill reached $6800. that's when i tried going through on base legal system, they can't do crap so i got in contact with a lawyer.

b/c i'm in a lawsuit with this guy, i'm making no recommendations, just observations. you see what happened to me, so take it for what it's worth to you.

Last edited:

77ihwheeler

Established Member
I might be able to lend you a hand if you want to send me a pm and let me know when you are planning on working on it

Users who are viewing this thread