cammed LS1 vs TTcobra....good vid!

30th T/A

Established Member
the only numbers i know of is that formula is a cam+basic boltons and makes 380rwhp. the cam is a MTI C2, which i believe is mild-medium sized cam. the cobra is making around 465rwhp on 9psi.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
eh, that seems sorta weak for being a tt cobra. that or the t/a has more than just a cam done to it.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
What is the Cobra only pushing like 6 psi or something? Something's not right with that vid. Possibly the Formula isn't telling the whole truth, especially with how he shoots out of the there on the take off.

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
MTI C2 is a 224/224 grind similar to what I am running. It's hard to beat for street grind and makes great midrange power. The Formula is pretty light to begin with. A buddy's used to weight 3310 with 1/2 tank of gas an no weight reduction that I knew of. Seemed to me like the owner knew his car and could drive it pretty good.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
something doesnt seem right. it seemed like stang driver didn't know what he was doing.

glad to see those model cobras are still getting some footage. 96-98s are sweet

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Does anybody know for sure where that race was? It most definitly looks like the I 45 bridge going into Galveston Island.

SpeedKillz

Established Member
Maybe the LS1 had nitrous or something.....cant see how a TT cobra would get walked for most of the race......or either the Cobra driver started in the wrong gear :shrug: :sleeping:

Blown318

2FAST4U Racing
Established Member
ls1's aint no joke!!! :poke:

BTW, If I had a TT cobra that ONLY made 465hp.... I would burn it!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Machinator

Banned
30th T/A said:
the only numbers i know of is that formula is a cam+basic boltons and makes 380rwhp. the cam is a MTI C2, which i believe is mild-medium sized cam. the cobra is making around 465rwhp on 9psi.

100 more rwhp and he cant blow by him? Something is not right here! My ported eaton car would crush em both.

collibr1

Established Member
Blown318 said:
ls1's aint no joke!!! :poke:

BTW, If I had a TT cobra that ONLY made 465hp.... I would burn it!!! :rolleyes:
Its still on the stock block(not an 03-04). It makes 495/470@8psi. How much more do you want from a stock block?

04DOHC

Established Member
RollingOnChrome said:
Maybe the LS1 had nitrous or something.....cant see how a TT cobra would get walked for most of the race......or either the Cobra driver started in the wrong gear :shrug: :sleeping:
you want to know why the LS1 walked most of the race cause look at the year of the cobra 96-98 those years with POS with no top end so the reason the cobra finally past because he was building boost, A 96-98 cobra to an LS1 is like racing one of the 99-01 GT's that have no top end or power...

Last edited:

WhiteStallionGT

"Spendin money that I don't have, To buy parts that I don't need, To impress people that I don't know!"

I love his signature! I'll have to steal it... :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread