cameras?!?!!?!!!

04spinbra

Established Member
im looking at getting a new camera!! im looking in the price range of $500 to $750!! im looking at the nikon d40 and nikon d60!! what is the best DSLR in that price range?? can ya'll tell me which ones ya''ll use and post a picture with it!! thanks in advance mike

VtekII

Established Member
i used to have a sony a 200, it was a nice camera, and really easy to use. i just replaced it with a nikon d90 tho.

CLOCKWO12K

Custom User Title
Established Member
i got a d60 not too long ago with a few lenses, i think somewhere around that price range. its a good starter camera, and has 10.2 megapixels instead of the 6.1mp that the d40 has. i think its the best bang for the buck camera that is a steup up from a point and shoot, but nothing too crazy.
gl.

Abilene06speed

Formerly Abilene01stang
Established Member
Well i shoot with a Nikon D40 and is a very capable camera. Don't get caught up in the megapixel myth. The only time you really need a lot of megapixels is if you heavily crop your images or if you want to make giant prints.

I won't tell you which camera is best because once you get into DSLRs they are all capable cameras. My best advice is to go to the stores and hold each in your hands and see which feels the best to you. If the camera isn't comfortable to you then you won't enjoy taking pictures. The models within your price range are probably the Nikon D40, D60, or the D80. As for Canon I would look at the Rebel Xs or Xsi. Best of luck.

04spinbra

Established Member
Well i shoot with a Nikon D40 and is a very capable camera. Don't get caught up in the megapixel myth. The only time you really need a lot of megapixels is if you heavily crop your images or if you want to make giant prints.

I won't tell you which camera is best because once you get into DSLRs they are all capable cameras. My best advice is to go to the stores and hold each in your hands and see which feels the best to you. If the camera isn't comfortable to you then you won't enjoy taking pictures. The models within your price range are probably the Nikon D40, D60, or the D80. As for Canon I would look at the Rebel Xs or Xsi. Best of luck.

im probably gonna go with the Nikon d60 but i was trying to get pics and what models people use!! or if there was a better one for the money in that price range!! thanks

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
I shoot with a D60, no regrets here. But I suggest that you get a D40 with a few lenses, because you WILL want to upgrade your lens soon.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
OP: check out bhphotovideo.com and see what they have in a D70s better than the d40 and d60 but not as expensive as a d80. I did a huge amount of searching when I got my D70s before settling on it.

XtraTQ

Established Member
Like mentioned, I'd definitely suggest going to a camera store so you can hold the different cameras. When I was debating between Nikon and Canon, the Nikon cameras just felt better in my hands. But I also know people who feel the Canon's feel better.

O4COBRA

Established Member
I shoot a Nikon D80. Honestly you want to try to learn proper technique before you get any camera. The best camera is useless without knowledge, and an ok camera can be great with knowledge. I'm not really good at picture taking at all. So with a little effort and the right camera you'll do great. Just a little FYI... ;)

rosevillecobra6.jpg

rosevillecobra9.jpg

sema13.jpg

sema11.jpg

sema10.jpg

mom4.jpg

sf8.jpg

sf10.jpg

momnight1.jpg

24-120vr2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread