Camera ??'s

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
My wife sent me a link for this camera that she decided she wants

http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-rebel-sl1-ef-s-18-55mm-is-stm-kit

I don't know anything about cameras. And neither does she. Her friend had one so she decided she needs one. $650 seems pretty damn pricey for someone who isn't even an amateur photographer. Is this really a realistic entry level camera? Her main issue is blurry pictures when she photos my son on the move with her iPhone.

Holla back young'uns!

Sinned83

Established Member
I got the cannon rebel T3I. It's kinda entry level but more camera then I needed but the picture quality and shutter speed is far better than any point and shoot camera I've had. $650 is about the starting price point for these cameras

clinton2003

Established Member
Point and shoot is a normal camera. Integrated lense. Pick up a nice one for a couple hundred. Then there is the dslr which have the removeable lenses. They start at 6-700 with a "starter" lense. The nice lenses can cost as much or more than the camera. Its a lot like modding a car. You wont want to do it at first, then you see the difference. Next thing you know you have a crap ton of money into it.

If you think she will be really getting into photography get the dslr. For pictures of your kid thats better than a camea phone. Get a point and shoot.

TK Doom

Established Member
Point and shoot is a normal camera. Integrated lense. Pick up a nice one for a couple hundred. Then there is the dslr which have the removeable lenses. They start at 6-700 with a "starter" lense. The nice lenses can cost as much or more than the camera. Its a lot like modding a car. You wont want to do it at first, then you see the difference. Next thing you know you have a crap ton of money into it.

If you think she will be really getting into photography get the dslr. For pictures of your kid thats better than a camea phone. Get a point and shoot.

This.

and..

What will she be using the pictures for? Prints? Looking at on a monitor? For less than $200 (much less), you can get a really good Canon point and shoot. The only downside? Telescoping lens break if dropped, be sure to be careful with them!

Users who are viewing this thread