camera experts please guide me.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I am in the market for a nice camera. I would like a mirror less camera that could also shoot good videos as well. Budgest is $700.

Thanx

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
IPhone 5s
Takes amazing photos, slo motion etc. Apps to enhance etc.

I am a firm believer that a real photographer does not need to edit the pictures afterwards.

Last edited:

Peetiewonder

RoofGone GeorgeJefferson
Established Member
I'm a fan of the Sony NEX series. I use a NEX 7 with vintage canon FD glass. I've heard a lot of good things about the Panasonics but they have smaller sensors than the 1.6 crop that the sony's have. The sony sensor is the same size as most mid range DSLRs so you will be able to create things such as bokeh more easily than using a similar lens on a smaller 4/3s Sensor like the Panasonic has.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member

Peetiewonder

RoofGone GeorgeJefferson
Established Member
I stand by what a say. Taking a photo and making it something that is not, well just is not. For example air brushing a photo etc. a true photographer captures the moment as it is as some one sees it

That's your opinion. I would argue photography is about playing with reality. Some of the coolest stuff out there is stuff that is doctored, photoshopped, touched, whatever but creates an alternate sense of reality.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I stand by what a say. Taking a photo and making it something that is not, well just is not. For example air brushing a photo etc. a true photographer captures the moment as it is as some one sees it

I have not altered a single of my photos except for exposure settings.
I don't care if you like going around with your iPhone 5 posting pictures on instagram, OP wanted something real that actually take good pictures.
iPhone 5, does not take good quality pictures in any way. Atleast not for me nor many other people out there who is picky about the quality of the pictures.

Stop talking about "a true photographer". There is no such thing.
But hey, I invite you to come on a night photoshoot with your iPhone and we'll see how far you come with sharp pictures :)

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
LOL iphone 5s cant even be mentioned next to a good camera man..

anyways back on OP I think that the Sony NEX-6 is really nice. how do this cameras perform at shooting videos at high speeds for example?

Kiohtee

Established Member
Since this thread is turning retarded, can I suggest, OP, that you look into a Sharp J-SH04?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
After doing some research I really like the so y nex6 but the one thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is that it does it have a standard external input. I would have to use one of their supported mics which I can't find one I like.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Anyone else has some helpfull advice?

As we were discussing in the DSLR pics thread. I don't know what D7100 kit you are looking at. Body only, with lens, and if so what lens.

The link I sent you was the D7000 and 18-200 lens for 1300. To buy the D7100 and that lens it would probably cost you ballpark of 2k (1150 body, 850 lens). So no I don't think the 7100 would be worth the extra 700.

What comes with the 7100 kit you were looking at?

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
That is a refurbished body which is why its so cheap. The 18-55 lens might be okay to start out with but you have to remember its a kit lens... it is an okay lens to start with but you will find after shooting with a good lens, it is certainly the weak point of the setup.

Another thing is the lens is refurbished as well on that kit.

When comparing apples to apples here is the same exact kit, same lens but this time with a d7000 refurbished... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-D7000...686233?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item2ece3e5199

300 cheaper so you be the judge. Personally I wouldnt buy refurbished but thats just me.

Last edited:

leftlane86gt

Established Member
I have a Nikon DSLR that I love but the learning curve is always present. I just bought my wife the below camera and oh my, is it a great camera. You can use the point shoot if that is all you want or the Expert "DSLR" side if you feel like you want to learn it. This by far was worth every penny spent on it. The features are extensive. WIFI capable so you upload quick to social media, and you access the Google play store. I made the comment to her "wow it looks like you can do everything with this camera that you can with your phone except make calls and text". Then she downloaded two apps and called me and texted me from her camera lol. If you go to Best Buy to see one, keep in mind that the camera on display has been "played" with, setting changes to who knows what and the lens could be covered in finger prints like the one I looked at. I almost didn't buy it because the pictures look fuzzy. That will happen when the lens looked like it was licked by a 5yr old. Check it out.

Explore the Samsung Galaxy Camera, Features & Accessories

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I have a Nikon DSLR that I love but the learning curve is always present. I just bought my wife the below camera and oh my, is it a great camera. You can use the point shoot if that is all you want or the Expert "DSLR" side if you feel like you want to learn it. This by far was worth every penny spent on it. The features are extensive. WIFI capable so you upload quick to social media, and you access the Google play store. I made the comment to her "wow it looks like you can do everything with this camera that you can with your phone except make calls and text". Then she downloaded two apps and called me and texted me from her camera lol. If you go to Best Buy to see one, keep in mind that the camera on display has been "played" with, setting changes to who knows what and the lens could be covered in finger prints like the one I looked at. I almost didn't buy it because the pictures look fuzzy. That will happen when the lens looked like it was licked by a 5yr old. Check it out.

Explore the Samsung Galaxy Camera, Features & Accessories

:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread