Camber settng for Track

Splatter

Established Member
Hi everyone, Slowly getting my rookie behind more comfortable on the track. I have a stock boss with just the basic brake upgrades like ATE fluid and braided brake line. I went through my OEM tires in 10,000km with about 500km of track. Now I have a set of Bridgestone poleposition S04's and would like to see what is the recommended negative camber setting to help my lap times... and try to save my tires a little. Not lowered.

Thanks in advance!!!

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
There is no camber adjustment just went through this about a week ago on my 12. And at 13,000 miles/20,921KM the front Perillie's was toast. So the alignment shop said there was only 1 degree of camber. So drilled out the shock plates to get a 1/2 inch/ 12mm of positive camber. Hoping to get more miles out of these set ot P zeros as $400 a tire can get expensive real quick.

Splatter

Established Member
I was thinking of getting a Maximum Motorsports caster camber plate. With a MM tool you can set your camber up your self depending on use. The PP 0 tires were just too expensive and are no better then the cheaper tires out there. Car and driver put them at the bottom of the list in a nine tire test.

Any body used the MM kit??

senderofan

Established Member
I was thinking of getting a Maximum Motorsports caster camber plate. With a MM tool you can set your camber up your self depending on use. The PP 0 tires were just too expensive and are no better then the cheaper tires out there. Car and driver put them at the bottom of the list in a nine tire test.

Any body used the MM kit??

I just did a complete re-do of my 2013 Boss suspension. Part of the re-do included MM caster/camber plates. If you decide to do this...make sure you get the correct plates. There is one for 05-10 styled struts and one for 11+. I went with the 2011+ plates and I installed Koni Sport " Yellows" plus other mods.

After installing all the components...I followed MM's directions for aligning the front end. I ended up nailing the caster equal on each side and the camber was off by 0.5 degrees from one side to the other. I'm running -2.4 degrees of camber, caster is + 7.5 and I have my toe set at zero. Depending on where you'll be driving...you may or may not mess with toe.

I cannot adequately describe to you how upgrades have helped my Boss. I have a nice level of feedback, very little nose dive on hard braking, very little body roll and the rear end is much more planted. I'm extremely impressed at how my car now handles...and can't wait to get it out on the track.

If any of y'all are even thinking about upgrades....I can't recommend it enough. Ford did an admirable job....but if you want to kick it up a notch...there's a ton of upgrades out there!

Wayne

Last edited:

senderofan

Established Member
I've seen info. that regular Boss factory alignment specs include camber of about -0.7 degrees and the LS of just over -1.0 degrees. Most of the guys that I've threads from say that -2.0 to -2.5 degrees will not show any increased wear on the inner shoulders of the front tires.

For strictly track driven cars....you'd probably want -3.0+ negative camber and a small amount of toe out.

Wayne

Last edited:

senderofan

Established Member
Thanks for the info, will order he camber plates and go with a -1.5 camber to start. What other mods did you do to your Boss?

My suspension mods include lowering springs all around...Koni Sport dampers ( Yellows ) all around...adjustable sway bars front and rear...new lower control arms and LCA relocation brackets...adjustable upper control arm and adjustable panhard rod...along with the MM CC plates.

Most of the components are from one manufacturer...wanted that to try and make sure the components were balanced. Only the dampers, LCA relocating brackets and CC plates are from other manufacturers.

The great thing about the CC plates is the ease at which caster and camber can be changed.

Good Luck with your project! My upgrades have greatly improved the handling and feedback of my Boss. This is all IMHO....each of us has different ideas / needs when it comes to vehicles. I'm simply enjoying how well my improved Boss carves through the corners and remains extremely composed.

Wayne

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread