Camaro SS vs Lightning

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
I had a pretty fun run last night. I just got finished building a custom box for a friend with a lightning when he showed up. He got dropped off by a friend with a black lightning. I personally know the guy that he bought it from and I think he has a few basic bolt ons, tune, and a snake bite blower. We had two decent runs. We ran first from a 30 roll on the interstate. He honked it off from the start. I spun pretty bad and he launched. The back end tried to swing out and smack the wall next to me :banana: but I stayed in control. He pulled a truck out pretty quick when I was spinning and I started reeling him back in. We shut it down early with me at his door because of traffic ahead. We then ran a 40 roll at my friendly request. He honked it off and we both hooked. We were both off pretty quick. I immediately pulled a car out on him and was continuing to pull slowly. We shut it down again because of traffic at around 100 I would guess. We never really got into the top end of either vehicle. I definitley didn't walk him hard or anything, but as the speed increased I pulled more. It was a pretty close race overall. I was extremely impressed by that blowers performance on the low end, but never realized how bad lightnings fall on their face at around 90. His truck is definitely fast for running through stock exhaust. I ran a 12.30 with my nitrous tune and stock gears that I am still running. My mods are gm hotcam, full exhaust, ls6 intake, and I am running street tires. I put down just over 400 to the wheels. I am happy he ran me, it was a blast. I am sure he is on this forum. Hopefully we can run again after he gets his exhaust and I get my tune.

Last edited:

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
hey op, were you out at gulport runnin last week? I was out there, and i saw a decent sounding camaro ss that was runnin mid low 12's.... was wondering if it was you? It was like a charcoal gray one

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
^ sounds like a nice ride next time you come this way i would not mind a friendly motor to motor run with ya..

Last edited by a moderator:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
haha i am always in the diamondhead area so maybe we could meet at the border one day lol

Users who are viewing this thread