Camaro Reventon?

taintedme

Established Member
ugh. how many different ways can you make ugly? (it does have twelve piston brakes, though!

vr-camaro1_620.jpg

vr-camaro3.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro news - Cam’ buster - 2009 - BBC Top Gear

VR Camaro

06 November 2009 - 10:00
Cam’ buster

If you're a red-blooded petrolhead with the smell of burning clutch in your nostrils and other clichéd stuff like that, you probably want a Camaro.

Until now, the only way to get yourself a lump of Chevy muscle in the UK has been to import a left-hooker from the States: too much paperwork and hassle for most.

But now this, the VR Camaro, is heading to our shores in full UK spec. As you'll have noticed, it's quite a bit more than just an imported Camaro: the two-door muscle car has been thoroughly worked over by Danish design consultancy Hermann and Brandt, which has opted for something of a Lambo Reventon aesthetic.

That new front bumper, with its massive air intakes, is made from carbon fibre, as are the side skirts and the new ducktail-style rear spoiler - which means it'll be a bit lighter than the stock Camaro.

It'll be quicker, too. Though we're yet to have figures confirmed, the shadowy figures behind the VR Camaro say they will fit the 6.2-litre V8 with a UK-built supercharger, which should push power north of 600bhp.

That means it could be a rival for the awesome Corvette ZR-1... but potentially at half the price.

It could be a proper monster, but we'll retain our trademark mild scepticism until the VR Camaro arrives early next year. Until then, what do you think of the looks? Hot Wheels good or Halfords bad?

Sam Philip

BeattySTi

Import Traitor
Established Member
if the front bumper was toned down a little, cause it looks like it could eat small children, then i think i would like it. I think it looks pretty cool.

VNGNCE908

VNGNCE
Established Member
If you took of the front bumper, and put on a stock one, and got rid of the stupid cold inserts around the tail lights, it would look sharp I think. That front bumper is seriously stupid.

^^^^Holy hell we posted the same exact thing at the same time..

Red94SVT

Established Member
looks better than most of the SEMA Camaros i have seen in the picture threads, i really like the spoiler the rest is ok...

moot09

Established Member
If you're a red-blooded petrolhead with the smell of burning clutch in your nostrils and other clichéd stuff like that, you probably want a Camaro.
^^^lol

mustangbee

Established Member
actually, if they kept that styling and toned it down a bit, and changed the color scheme, it could look good...but wtf is up with that color combo though geez..

Users who are viewing this thread