Camaro Ownage

StangD281

Established Member
Out shopping for a sport utility last night, I was a little out of my neighborhood and charting unfamiliar waters; 4 lane business district with frequent lights & some mild traffic. I ran across a newer red Z28 SS with the lovely SLP "Loudmouth" exhaust. I knew that because he had a big sticker in the bag window that said "Loudmouth" and a license plate frame that said "SLP." ;-)

He is rolling along in front of me, most likely in neutral, because he was revving the car to high hell & not accelerating. So I kept close & in low gears, figuring this idiot is going to push it soon. Sure enough at the next light, he rips out of the hole like it is the 1/4. He spins like crazy, goes sideways, and nearly crushes the Tahoe in the right lane. I sat still, LOL & waited for him to hook up. He catches, I slip out, and at the top of 2nd I am pushing him up the highway. So of course, he throws a weave into the other lane to avoid traffic & gets pinned behind a bus. Again, I LOL.

Finally after a few minutes of this, he gets back ahead of me, but in the right lane. As I am creeping up the side of his car, he starts his revving again, so I throw him one while in 2nd & he gives me the :eek: look when he hears the blower spool. We catch the next light side by side, I look, he looks, light drops green, I go, he goes right. :nonono:

Thought I finally had a chance to flex some muscle on the SS, but alas he was :chicken:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
Out shopping for a sport utility last night, I was a little out of my neighborhood and charting unfamiliar waters; 4 lane business district with frequent lights & some mild traffic. I ran across a newer red Z28 SS with the lovely SLP "Loudmouth" exhaust. I knew that because he had a big sticker in the bag window that said "Loudmouth" and a license plate frame that said "SLP." ;-)

He is rolling along in front of me, most likely in neutral, because he was revving the car to high hell & not accelerating. So I kept close & in low gears, figuring this idiot is going to push it soon. Sure enough at the next light, he rips out of the hole like it is the 1/4. He spins like crazy, goes sideways, and nearly crushes the Tahoe in the right lane. I sat still, LOL & waited for him to hook up. He catches, I slip out, and at the top of 2nd I am pushing him up the highway. So of course, he throws a weave into the other lane to avoid traffic & gets pinned behind a bus. Again, I LOL.

Finally after a few minutes of this, he gets back ahead of me, but in the right lane. As I am creeping up the side of his car, he starts his revving again, so I throw him one while in 2nd & he gives me the :eek: look when he hears the blower spool. We catch the next light side by side, I look, he looks, light drops green, I go, he goes right. :nonono:

Thought I finally had a chance to flex some muscle on the SS, but alas he was :chicken:

Must be a future Vette owner. :burn:

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Put away idiot Z28 SS drivers any time please. From the description, that guy was a moron. :bash:
He didn't seem to be on the top of the educational ladder....I knew he was easy prey when I was pushing him up the road before 3rd gear. It would've been really ugly had he stayed for the show.

Grim's Reaper

NEXT.....................
Established Member
sounds like an intimidation kill. :thumbsup: , it also sounds like the driver could use some lessons at the track.:rollseyes

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Reminds me of Tokyo Xtreme Racer when you use the other cars to block the opponent. Hehe, good run buddy.

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
The SS is a Z28, modded by SLP.
In its basic form, it has a (semi)functional hoodscoop, and a freer flowing cat-back exhaust. 345 hp package SS's have a hi-flo air lid and an even freer flowing muffler. At first, SS's enjoyed a better suspension, but in the final production years, Z28's basically had the same suspension, thought the SS had yet another optional suspension package as an upgrade.

Realistically, and to make a long story short,SS means nothing in terms of a race. A Z28 is just as fast (or slow, as you guys like to think). :rolling:

Last edited:

StangD281

Established Member
C'mon, it takes a little more than that...:rollseyes

:coolman:
He seemed game until he heard the blower whine as I went past him. Then he made a right turn out of the blue.... :rollseyes

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
C'mon, it takes a little more than that...:rollseyes

:coolman:

Good intimidation kill, DP..... All you can do is laugh...

SFL02.SS, very true statement. I was rolling through a parking lot one night with my car, and this kid with an 02' Z wanted to race. And his buddy had TA that I spanked last summer, knowing full well I am S/C.... Sometimes, it even takes more than the hiss of the S/C... If you know what I mean, I think the results are self explanatory..... Regardless, the Z's are strong runners.....:thumbsup:

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Ironically, some idiot in a Turboed Civic Si ricebucket played out your story to me on the drive home from work! Same revving, same challenge, same bail out just as he was gonna get ripped a new one (turned left though). I do have turndowns tucked away instead of tail pipes, so maybe he thought I had a V6, then thought 2x when he heard the exhaust.
Anyhow... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread