Camaro killed by STI

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
I was the Camaro.

Now normally I don't like street racing, especially in the area I'm from since there are alot of police around. Lately though, alot of ricers have been trying me for some reason. I'm not calling the STI a ricer, I'm just prefacing what is sure to be an uneventful and embarassing story.

So I'm driving back from Steak n Shake in Merrit Island Fl, the same place I have encountered a turbo civic and eclipse (running 10 and 15 psi respectively), wondering if I'm going to have to graciously decline any offers to race. I see a few ricers going the opposite way on my drive back. I usually spot them by their bright blue headlights and the cloud of ignorance that seems to follow them wherever they go. The cloud usually looks like the vague outline of Tom Cruise giving an eager thumbs up, only it's made from the smoke of a 4 cylinder engine.

So far so good, I'm about 5 minutes from my house about to turn left onto the main road when I see a set of blue lights sitting at the intersection to my right. There he is I thought. I also thought of how awesome it would be to have a pet wolf. Jesus Christ that would own. So I'm cruising at 45-50 when the "ricer's" light turns green and I can see him hastily approaching in my rear-view. "Here we go" I thought in between other thoughts of ravenous wolf frisbee. He catches up and starts to pace me as expected so I turn to look at this idiot who wants to race.

OH MY SHIT

There's a bee on my window. I quickly brush it away and look at the car again.

MOTHER OF ASS

It's an STI. An awesome looking one at that. Blue with gold rims and the signature wing on the back. I immediately say that I don't want none of that. I figure that if I just cruise he'll lose interest and drive off. Well, he doesn't. There's only one thing to do. Bend over and take it in the ass like Ryan Cabrera (didn't you hear? He's gay). I shift into 2nd and go from his back bumper to his door before he hits it and pulls a car on me. I let off because my car is loud and we're in a bad racing area, but he slows down and gets next to me again. This time I shift into 3rd and hit it and we go till about 70 before I have to slow down and turn into my neighborhood. Up ahead I see him make a U-turn and go back down the other direction. I guess he just wanted to run me, I'm sorry I disappointed him.

I was in my V6 Camaro 5 speed with a K&N and SLP exhaust. It's funny, because on the way back from Merrit Island we were in my friend's 98 Stang GT and switched to my car when we got back to her place and I headed home, mere seconds before confronting the STI. If we were in her car it probably would have been closer, although I still think the WRX would have pulled since she's bone stock. I'm not sure about the WRX's mods, but he sounded pretty stock.

Just goes to show you, wolves make badass pets.

Last edited by a moderator:

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
well random interjections aside that story was pointless. You never had a chance. And just for the record neither does a stock 98 GT. And what is the fascination with a pet wolf?

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
It was a joke my friend, try to keep up. I didn't know it was an STI until it was too late, but I wanted to see it run anyways so I encouraged him ;-)

The Rooster

Banned
McFly said:
The bee and the wolf parts were the best points in the story! You, sir, are a FANTASTIC writer.

Now if you had thrown an uninvited bowel movement in there it would have been complete. Damn good story though!

And BTW, stock vs. stock, STI wins. I have found this out the hard way several times. Those ugly little things are fast…

kilroy